With a little help from my friends!

Project vehicle blogs or "mod diary" specific threads only.. Pics encouraged!!
JeepX
Vehicle Year: 2000
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: TJ Wrangle

With a little help from my friends!

Post by JeepX »

20170713_112059.jpg
Well I pulled the trigger! Let me first say thank you to everyone at Jeepstrokers.com for all the knowledge you've shared. And a special thank you to Russ Pottenger, my Jedi Master in the way of the stroker!

Truly everyones advice on what to do or not to do to your jeep is based on how they think a jeep should be used. So that you understand my intent I will give you some background. First I lived the 80's! :rockout: Monster trucks ruled. The 60-70's Ford Broncos I owned destroyed Jeeps off roading or on. We off roaded to go hunting in the Capitan mountians or arrow head hunting off the Caprock sandhills in New Mexico. We didnt have trails we made our own and hammered those beasts relentlessly. If it broke we made it stronger. The 302 in the Broncos spanked the Jeeps. It was all about getting there first the most radical way possible! But the Jeep clansman were committed and dedicated. We all gave them respect because lets face it, Jeeps are just cool! They were just dog slow. Young and dumb, but it was fun.

Fast forward to now. Single Dad with 3 kids, 2 girls 11, 14 and my boy 15. I come across this Jeep for $1900 bucks with a locked up motor. And Im thinking this is a father son bonding project! Of course I dont want a stock motor they cant even pull a boat. So to the net for some research on a V8 swap and I found you guys. Im hooked. I tell the boy, Dads great and then a month later 16 and girls throw my boy into idiot mode. Some of us have been there. And to make a long story short hes at he's Moms, Girls go visit Mom and 16 year old gets a boyfriend down there and they tell me they need to bond with Mom and now I went from Awesome Dad to Empty Nest bam just like that. I have a small landscape and irrigation business and the guys have totalled 2 trucks within 6 months. And the fact I turn 51 next month, Im pretty much on a downer and need a new drug! Lol. I need a little of the glory days blowing axles apart and catching air, and popping wheelies on steep parking lot entrances. My mid life counsler Guru Russ is making that happen! I dont want to be practical, I dont want to be conservative, I just want to play. So with that in mind pitch in for what its worth and Ill keep you updated on the journey out of a mid life crisis by the power of a stroker and my new Jeep clansmen!

First up Ive purchased a salvaged motor to get it running while we build the stroker. I have the old 4.0 pulled, I had to cut the stripped torx head off the bolt to pull the engine...lots of fun.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JeepX

Re: With a little help from my friends!

Post by JeepX »

With the 50 dollar remote control Harbor Frieght winch it was way easy to pull the motor by myself.
20170721_181342.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JeepX

Post by JeepX »

Im going to replace the thermostat, hoses, filters and throw out bearing before I put the used engine in. Is there anything else anyone recommends? Since Im going to pull this as soon as we get the stroker built I was waiting on the clutch.
JeepX

Post by JeepX »

Finally its Saturday and I dont have to work! :banana:
JeepX

Post by JeepX »

Ok busy forum..... :lol:

Ok Ive stabbed the new used engine back in the Jeep. I replaced the top torx head bolts with half inch head bolts. Put a new clutch and throw out bearing in while it was out. Im hooking everything back together and the manifold and throttle connections are different. My original engine is a 2000 and the new engine is a 2004. I dont want to use the old intake so Im going to splice the 2004 connectors on the 2000 wiring. Any suggestions? Im going through forums now checking for info.
20170730_191042.jpg
dwg86
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 2003
Vehicle Model: Wrangler

Post by dwg86 »

Nice score on the Jeep!
JeepX

Post by JeepX »

We gotta do something to get some traffic to this site!

Ok so I finally download the alarms instalation manual and figure out how to get it in valet mode. The head and dash lights werent working, the radio quit playing, and it still wont start. Ugh. I play grab and pull under the dash and the left side speakers start working. Im holding on to the light swtch and stretch around to see if the lights are on and see a flash reflected ofd the tool box. I wiggle the switch intensely and the dash lights flicker every now and then. Its the stupid switch. So now Im thinking there may not be any connection between the no start and the inside problems. I go and check, again, power to the plugs and nothing. Then I notice what looks like a hair line crack in the coil pack bar. I pull it off and start to put a little pressure on it and it snaps into. Wow. I put the old one on and it fires up first try! Are you kidding me! Talk about foreplay..... Check everything and take it for a test ride....Jeeps are fun!
received_872732402891967.jpeg
received_872732402891967.jpeg