2000 Cherokee Stroker Build

Project vehicle blogs or "mod diary" specific threads only.. Pics encouraged!!
Russ Pottenger
Strong Poster
Strong Poster
Stroker Displacement: 4.7
Vehicle Year: 2000
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: 2000 Cherokee Stroker Build

Post by Russ Pottenger »

jsawduste wrote:Brad Penn 10w-30 and Mobil 1 filter
X2,
Good choices.
I wouldn't rush getting into a full synthetic oil until you know your rings are seated for sure.
aJeeper
Noob
Noob
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L

Post by aJeeper »

Little bit of progress on the Jeep I got the winch all mounted and wired up nicely it went pretty smooth. I checked my plugs again and noticed that the #6 was black again so I swapped that plug with another one and changed the #6 and #5 injectors. I'll check again in a little while and see how the plug looks. I wanted to take a more accurate fuel pressure reading at various RPM's so I used a digital pressure gauge and was able to see how steady it was. It would average at about 50.3-50.8 psi at various RPM's, might need to have this changed, it does seem like I'm going through fuel quite fast.

I'm going to be doing some tuning on the Jeep which requires a wideband O2 sensor and a Air / Fuel ratio gauge so I picked one up and decided to start working on my gauge placements. This has been an on going thing in my mind for a very long time. I've had these gauges since the beginning of summer but it wasn't holding me back from driving the Jeep so I kind of left them on the back burner. I've got a lot of work left to do but you can see in the pictures what the idea is. The metal plate is the first of many templates for the gauges. I'm going to have to make a cover for the vents and then figure out all the wiring and everything ofcourse but hoping to have the plastic cover be able to come off on its own and not with the gauges. The transmission gauge will go on the center console mount in front of the shifter.

Did a bunch more cutting and filing to get the shapes I need. A lot of trial and error going on here.. I originally anticipated to have 4 gauges there but it just isn't going to work out so I changed gear and am just having 3 gauges with a over-ride switch for the middle fan and 3 LED's to indicate which fans are on. I'll need to get a new plastic cover since I cut a bit too much away but other than that its going good. I will have to make hopefully just one more final gauge holder and I have some carbon fiber decal I'm thinking about wrapping it in once its finished. Wiring it all up should be fun.

aJeeper
Noob
Noob

Post by aJeeper »

For my transmission gauge sensor I dropped the pan and made myself a bung out of a fitting I had and welded it in for the sensor and gave the pan some paint.

I found a small pinhole in my transmission heat sink cooler I got so called up Summit Racing and had a replacement unit sent out pretty quick. Decided to use the left over stainless steel lines from my fuel system to do the transmission lines. Made sure to do a pressure test before installing the new cooler. Had to buy a few transmission adapters and some 90 degree fittings for the AN lines.

Took off the exhaust and welded in the bung for the wideband O2 sensor.

I finally got around to installing my fuel pressure regulator I got with all the stainless line. Got a special fitting and drilled a hole in the tank for the return line.

Made some 1" x 1" spacers on the hood and heated up the K&N intake with a heat gun to form it a bit so my hood would close nicely. I think it looks much better than the stock intake and it sounds like some serious suction going on when its fired up

Lastly I got around to finishing up with running the wires/mounting switches/fan LED's etc for all my gauges and I think it turned out fairly good. There's a few things to fix but I know what needs to be done so I can tinker on it later, I'll need to get a new piece of plastic to cut out eventually. Oil pressure gauge had to go down below due to the stainless line being too difficult to fit up top with the stereo deck there. Installed some lights on my bumper as well. Wanted to get it done for this past weekend for my trip to visit my grandpa which it did really good and didn't have one issue. Next on the list is to finish up my sliders I built and build a custom aluminum roof rack with a 52" curved lightbar I've had for a while.

SkylinesSuck
Donator
Donator
Vehicle Year: 1998
Vehicle Model: Wrangler

Post by SkylinesSuck »

Your rig looks great man.
nicpaige
Consistent
Consistent
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Make: XJ
Vehicle Model: Sport

Post by nicpaige »

Nice build, love silver XJ's.
aJeeper
Noob
Noob

Post by aJeeper »

^ Thanks guys.

Finally got around to finishing and installing my sliders I started to build back in the summer.. I used a few ideas that I found on the web and basically came up with my own measurements and final design idea. I think it turned out fairly well, it will do for now.. I used about 7 or 8 1/4" bolts on the pinch seam and 8 1/4" bolts on the mounts to the unibody which I used nut inserts.