Stroking the unicorn

Project vehicle blogs or "mod diary" specific threads only.. Pics encouraged!!
akadeutsch
Movin on up ^
Movin on up ^
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 1981
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: CJ8

Stroking the unicorn

Post by akadeutsch »

I have wanted an 06 LJ for the past ten years. But they have held their value to the point of my not being able to afford one for the past 10 years. What's not to like. 10.5 inch longer wheel base than a standard Rubi. 06 was the last year of the 2 door unlimited and also the last year of the epic straight 6. An 06 LJ has been my unicorn for the past 3 years. And i am please to say that i finally found it. And with only 69,000 miles. I plan to keep the original drive train with low miles since there were only 6742 unlimited rubicons produced in 06. Since I parked my already stroked WJ when i bought this new truck, i just gotta make time to do the swap. And get the other car running so i have a ride to drive while i do the work. Wish me luck.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gradon
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6/280ci
Vehicle Year: 1996
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: Stroking the unicorn

Post by gradon »

If I ever get a Wrangler it'll be the LJ Rubicon in blue. :rockout:
Russ Pottenger
Strong Poster
Strong Poster
Stroker Displacement: 4.7
Vehicle Year: 2000
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by Russ Pottenger »

Looks like a good score.

Congratulations!
Jim K in PA
Making Progress
Making Progress
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle Model: Wrangler

Post by Jim K in PA »

Very nice. I have an '05 LJ Rubicon 6 speed in light khaki. I bought it from the original owner in 2007 when it had just 7200 miles on it. It now has 142k, and will be getting a stroker refresh on the original block & head. If you can, have yours dyno'd with the stock drive train and document what HP it (isn't) making - lol. I think the '05/'06 4.0 engines were the lowest performing iteration of them all. They certainly got the worst factory cam.