Non electric coolant temp issue

Project vehicle blogs or "mod diary" specific threads only.. Pics encouraged!!
amceaglesx4
Movin on up ^
Movin on up ^
Vehicle Year: 1981
Vehicle Make: amc
Vehicle Model: eaglesx4

Non electric coolant temp issue

Post by amceaglesx4 »

Not sure where to put a coolant sensor on a 4.0 block. Any ideas ? The one in the back of the 7120 is too small and the thermostat housing ain't happening due to a bracket in the way from my 4.2.
beater_renix
Making Progress
Making Progress
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 1989
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: Non electric coolant temp issue

Post by beater_renix »

It sounds like you are using a 4.2 block on a 4.0 head? I can't tell enough about your setup to help you. There are two sensors on most jeeps, one for the ECM, and one for the instrument cluster. On a Renix Jeep the sensor the ECM uses is located below the exhaust on the block. There are two threaded bungs down there, one for this sensor, the other is just plugged. You should be able to extend the wiring and relocate it there.

Since your running a 7120 head, it should have the sensor bung at the back of the head for the gauge, so I'll assume that you mean the one for the ECM.

In the second picture they are the two brass fittings down by the motor mount bracket:
http://www.jeepstrokers.com/forum/viewt ... =75#p43067
-Awesome Quote...

Beater_Renix
amceaglesx4
Movin on up ^
Movin on up ^
Vehicle Year: 1981
Vehicle Make: amc
Vehicle Model: eaglesx4

Re: Non electric coolant temp issue

Post by amceaglesx4 »

Its on the stroker. Its a 4.0 and yea there is a plug on the head but its really small. I did find an electric one that looks like it would fit.