I've lost my mind.. or an MP90 on a 4.6L

Project vehicle blogs or "mod diary" specific threads only.. Pics encouraged!!
motomick76
Stroker Displacement: 4.0
Vehicle Year: 2000
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Wrangler

Re: I've lost my mind.. or an MP90 on a 4.6L

Post by motomick76 »

Silver XJ,

I have read over your previous build, am I must congratulate you on your persistence in finding the root of your cam problem. Currently in my garage is a 200 TJ, 109,000 miles, and have installed a Avenger SC with Split Second to help with the fuel. (This is a 5 spd) Installed are the Ford 24 lb/hr injectors. For some reason I ended up slightly bending #3 intake valve. It threw a misfire code, and could hear a miss. Did compression check, and #3 is dead. Pulled head, and no marks on piston, and only way I knew it was bent was I removed it from head, and spun it in head.

So I have it apart, I have purchased new head, larger stainless valves, and the Mopar V8 springs installed. I want to install a cam, but am scared because of your experience, and do not know which will best enhance the SC.

What do you recommend? What do I need to insure my cam does not 'walk' or have issues you had? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

motomick76
zj egg
Vehicle Year: 1998
Vehicle Model: ZJ

Post by zj egg »

Bump for updates. Did this get scrapped?
porkchopfu
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 1991
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by porkchopfu »

I’m thinking about doing this to my stroker and would love to use your CAD files as a base for design. It would save me a ton of time and money to not have to pay for an overpriced kit of mounting plates. I hope your project is running well. Merry Christmas. Thanks.