Basic Stroker project started

Project vehicle blogs or "mod diary" specific threads only.. Pics encouraged!!
Killman
Learning to use the board
Stroker Displacement: 4,6
Vehicle Year: 1993
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: Basic Stroker project started

Post by Killman »

One update which may have common interest:

With this setup emissions good and fully acceptable according to European norms for low emission car. Without MAP adjuster.
Killman

Post by Killman »

One more update, no problems to use pump gas E98 in my stroker. I did not yet check actual compression pressure (lazy me) but with 0.045 gasket and stock pistons and no machining from head or block it seems to be running OK.
Killman

Post by Killman »

Nice to be back!
My stroker has been serving well all these years but now I got in my hands 7120 which I ported and intake matched. Intake valves were radius machined and exhaust 3-angled so it should be OK. My question is what should I do with throttle body? Thing is that I do not need hi-end power regurarly but when climbing to obstacle I need immediate response and torque. This is also why I did not open intake ports more than needed to have flow speed. Just cleaned and bumps removed mainly from close to valve entrance, floor needed very little to work. Valve studs I left alone without major teardropping due to fact that pitot shows so much less flow at bowl roof in heads that are more modified in that area. Main flow tends to shoot directly close the floor to valve.
Should I leave throttle body as is and just radius it to plenum with 10mm thick spacer?