Welcome to www.JeepStrokers.com!!
Not yet a registered user? You are required to Register before you can post within this topic.

06 LJ Randy Rebuild

Project vehicle blogs or "mod diary" specific threads only.. Pics encouraged!!
Randy Bobandi
Noob
Noob

06 LJ Randy Rebuild

Post by Randy Bobandi » May 3rd, 2021, 10:17 pm

For documentation sake, I'll be posting status updates on the rebuild of a salvage 06 LJ. This was once a beautiful and bulletproof example of Jeep's finest. Well, fine except for the transmission (which will a significant focus of this build). Last spring I T-boned a girl at an intersection. I had a green light, she had a green light, but she failed to yield while turning left and the I plowed into her 2017 Grand Cherokee at 40 MPH. The LJ was totaled due to frame damage and a wrecked front axle. Insurance offered me $15K for it, I said fine as long as I get to keep it. They said sure, we don't care, keep it. I bought a 2000 Cherokee to daily and I built it up a little bit. Swapped the 0331 head out of course. So this summer, here in Maine, we build the LJ.

We strip it completely.
-Fix the frame while fabricating a one off mid arm suspension
-Remove any rust, clean and coat all ferrous metal
-Rebuild the NP231 with 6 Pinion Planet, Wide Chain and SYE, Custom Driveshafts
-Acquire AW4 core, rebuild it and install it with a standalone TCM/RADesign manual shifter
-Acquire HP30 Front Axle Housing, Rebuild it with 4.88 Gears and Eaton TrueTrac
-Engine Rebuild: Jeep 4.7L Inline 6 Stroker Engine, Clegg Fully Counterweighted Crankshaft, Scat Forged and Bushed Rods with .927" Wrist Pins, Racetec Custom 3.915" Pistons, Billet Speedworks Billet Main Caps, Fully Ported OEM TUPY Head with 2.00" Intake and 1.60" Exhaust Valves, 3/8" Pushrods & Roller Rockers. 9.9:1 Compression
-Haltech Elite Series 2000 ECU with 50-100 Shot N20 (We will be building a Turbo Kit this winter to install next summer featuring the Forced Performance FP7275 Turbocharger)
-Walbro 350LPH Fuel Pump, Fuel Injector Clinic 650cc 2JZ Injectors, F&B 70mm Throttle Body, ARH 1 3/4"-3" Header
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Randy Bobandi
Noob
Noob

Re: 06 LJ Randy Rebuild

Post by Randy Bobandi » May 3rd, 2021, 10:23 pm

The Engine looks beautiful at 200k Mi. All bearings look brand new, untouched. Lifters had zero signs of wear. Just some normal piston scuffing. Man I love these engines. I already sold the crank and rods to my local machine shop for one of their customers stock 4.0L rebuild.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.