77 Gremlin and a 4.0 maybe

AMX's, Gremlins, Pacers, Ramblers, Eagles etc.
Gremlinamc1975
Vehicle Year: 1970
Vehicle Make: AMC
Vehicle Model: Gremlin

77 Gremlin and a 4.0 maybe

Post by Gremlinamc1975 »

So i have a 77 Gremlin, Bought for $250, for extra parts and maybe rebuild

Interior in very bad shape, sun and water had basically destroyed everything, plus whatever was put into it

and as cleaning everything out things just broke as i touched it, weather rot and what not, and when that started happening i said to hell with it and striped it down to this. i need to put some rear floor pans in but about $120 and a bit of welding i can fix that up.

Now this brings me down to the next thing i wanna do, as i have another 77 gremlin that the body has been hit do i move everything over or try and modernize the gremlin.

this brings me to the issue, if i build a custom dash, i will have to buy the gauges that i want to install and that's gonna cost me a bit more then i want, sothen one day was playing with a tablet with the app torque in it and thought that be nice but requires a OBD2 4.0, on the plus side i could have a way to check and see what the check engine light wants and use it for a dash, the downside is OBD2 and what ECU should i be looking at for as if i do this i'm gonna try and buy a whole jeep that has been hit in the side or rear and use most of its wiring to rewire the gremlin engine wise

also another question is, what all does the ECU read? it read the fuel level or did that just get wired to the gauge? there just some random senors i cant use as i dont know if it has wheel senors for abs cause i wouldn't use it and if it did is there a way to trick it?
i plan on running the AW4 Transmission

just need some thoughts really like to here some opinions
Gremlinamc1975
Vehicle Year: 1970
Vehicle Make: AMC
Vehicle Model: Gremlin

Re: 77 Gremlin and a 4.0 maybe

Post by Gremlinamc1975 »

For those that dont know what im talking about with the Tablet and Torque App, here it is on my cell phone, and its the layout i have for my 01 Bonneville SSEI

I Dont have it connected to the bluetooth in this photo, but all of this plus more works when synced

From left to right,

Vacuum/Boost, Coolent Temp, Intake Temp, Trans Fluid Temp, GPS Speed, Transmission Current Gear,

RPM, Speed OBD2, Timing, and Knock Retard

and this is what i would like to impliment in for a dash, little better layout but its the idea.
xdark
Noob
Noob
Stroker Displacement: 4.7
Vehicle Year: 1998
Vehicle Make: jeep
Vehicle Model: wrangler

Re: 77 Gremlin and a 4.0 maybe

Post by xdark »

I cant believe no one has posted on this !