My AMC Pacer drag car

AMX's, Gremlins, Pacers, Ramblers, Eagles etc.
sardeanie

My AMC Pacer drag car

Post by sardeanie »

I expect to be the oddball here but we have a kinship as deep as any dysfunctional family. LOL Behold my lunacy.... 1977 AMC Pacer.... drag car! I've changed much on this car but am dedicated to keeping it an inline 6 AMC/Jeep powered machine. I have bigger plans still and look to this site for knowledge, wisdom and advice. I hope that I too may be able to help or inspire someone with my visits.

Car Stats:
1977 AMC Pacer
258 ci. AMC. Mild build. 190 rwhp
t-5 trans (Ford)
8.8 rear (Lincoln)
best ET(testing) 14.20 @98mph

The car is down now because of a problem with the D.U.I distributor, specifically gear breakage. Now I'm going for a stroker rebuild.

Plans:
I was looking into a crate motor for pure simplicity but now I believe I would get greater results from having an engine rebuilt. My needs are rather specific, so I figured I should just go for it. I've contacted a local builder with stroker experience and just need to get the engine to him now. I've decided to put streetability second and power first.
4.6 or 4.7 stroker
11.5-13.0 cr (I will run race gas)
Forged goodies
worked iron head

The builder believes he can get 300+ hp easily from this combo. That could be good for 12's! I will be happy with this until winter at least. I would like to eventually spray it (nitrous). A 100 shot could take it into the 11's! Of course the rest of the car would need some fortifying before that (this winter).

Wrap:
I have many projects and this one has been off and on since I bought the car 10 years ago. I've had my first successes with this car and learned a lot. I look forward to more.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
johnhalabama
I think I'll order a "tab"
I think I'll order a "tab"
Stroker Displacement: 4.7
Vehicle Year: 1936
Vehicle Make: Dodge
Vehicle Model: D2 Sedan

Re: My AMC Pacer drag car

Post by johnhalabama »

I'm building a 4.6 or 4.7 stroker to go in my 1936 Dodge Sedan. Not racing it but more on the top end power. Going for something different.

I've got some pictures under "Projects" 1936 Dodge Sedan.

I haven't posted anything up on here in a while until I get going on the engine. I've been narrowing the rear frame to tub it and within about a days work of finishing that. I'll get a few more pictures up soon.

Nice clean looking motor in your car. I'm running a Clifford intake w/ 390 Holley and split headers.

I want to keep up with your progress on the Pacer. I may learn something from you... haha.

Thanks,
John - Chesapeake, VA
TurboTom
I made it to triple digits!
I made it to triple digits!

Post by TurboTom »

Nice ride!
I have a Turbo 4.0 Spirit
Hope to shake it down this weekend
Where you from?
Remember, Sometimes I post after drinking!
1979 AMC Spirit
Building a Turbo 2.5
I am not very smart!
Mr.Mopar
Noob
Noob
Vehicle Year: 1980
Vehicle Make: AMC
Vehicle Model: AMX

Post by Mr.Mopar »

Sweet Pacer! Any changes on the car?