HESCO - Complete bolt-on 4.0 head

Swaping 258 to 4.0, 4.0 parts to 258 etc!
84cj
Vehicle Year: 1987
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: CJ-7

HESCO - Complete bolt-on 4.0 head

Post by 84cj »

I have a heavily modified 84CJ7 with a crack in the clifford header. So I'm thinking of replacing the header with Borla. I was also thinking about gaining additional HP for highway driving by replacing my 4.2 head with a 4.0 head. I already have a larger cam, Howell FI and HEI distributor.

My question is would it be worth swapping in: HESCO Part Number:HES4240CHC, - Converts the 4.2L to the 4.0L cylinder head using the superior 1991-up high port head casting. Designed to let your fuel starved 4.2L perform to it's fullest potential. Provides a snappy throttle response with increased torque and horsepower. Complete bolt-on kit includes modified cylinder head with head gasket and valve cover. Will require a 4.0L exhaust manifold or header.

This seems like an easy swap, has anyone done it, successfully?

Thanks,

84cj
jeepman
Making Progress
Making Progress
Stroker Displacement: 4.7
Vehicle Year: 1989
Vehicle Model: MJ

Re: HESCO - Complete bolt-on 4.0 head

Post by jeepman »

I wouldn't buy it, I would Just get the 91 (7120) head either oat your local Junkyard or local classified and have it reconditioned locally
and install it, there is Nothing special that they do that you can not do yourself or have your machine shop do I actually can not think of anything that needs to be moddified...

http://www.enginebuildermag.com/2004/10 ... der-heads/
84cj
Vehicle Year: 1987
Vehicle Model: CJ-7

Re: HESCO - Complete bolt-on 4.0 head

Post by 84cj »

Thanks for the reply. For now I am just going to swap out the old Clifford Header (10yrs) with a new Clifford header. Simple.