Need a new engine in my 98 TJ

Swaping 258 to 4.0, 4.0 parts to 258 etc!
Peezi
Vehicle Year: 1998
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: TJ

Need a new engine in my 98 TJ

Post by Peezi »

Hi, new here, have reviewed a lot of the posts on these MBs but I could not find any info on a local Company I might work with: Colorado Engine

Anyone have any experience with these guys? basically 2k for a crate engine tax/delivered plus a $335 core charge, and its in stock. Considering keeping the old engine and rebuilding once I have it out. Never rebuilt an engine before but it sounds like fun, I love to work on cars in my free time and have the garage space to take my time on it.

I am not sure if they sell anything but crate engines, I did not ask when I called earlier today.

Just so you know, I am putting a new engine in my TJ, the old one had over 300k miles on it, and will no longer start after a fateful drive one evening, so I decided it was time to put something else in. Originally I was going to go crate, but after researching maybe a stroker is the way to go. I plan on putting 35s on the jeep with a 2 inch lift. It has a Dana 44 on the rear drive shaft, and a slip yoke eliminator as well. A bunch of other mods, but I won't get into those for now. For now it will be a car to drive on a snowy day, or on a camping roadtrip or day trip up the mountains to Abasin or Breckenridge. Eventually, I plan on transforming this car over time into a true rock crawler, so any input on where to get an engine, and what kind, would be most appreciated.

The old 4.0 engine is out already, I took off the whole front end to pull it easily. I need a new front grill (forest green with no rust/dents, minor scratches ok) if anybody is looking to sell one. I also need a rear tailgate.

Anyway, if you know of someone/business with a good rep in Colorado please let me know the details.

PZ