4.2 Accessories on stroker

Swaping 258 to 4.0, 4.0 parts to 258 etc!
RenoF250
I made it to triple digits!
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 1985
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: CJ7

4.2 Accessories on stroker

Post by RenoF250 »

I have a 1985 CJ7 and I am working on a 4.6 using a 1994 Cherokee engine. The Cherokee had a little belt driven fan off to the side and another electric fan plus A/C so that setup won't work for me. I want to use the 4.2 accessories but it appears there will be a problem with in PS mount on the intake manifold. What are you guys doing for accessories?
nosigma
I think I'll order a "tab"
I think I'll order a "tab"

Re: 4.2 Accessories on stroker

Post by nosigma »

Mine is installed in a 66 Rambler. The factory clutched fan and the factory electric fan would not fit. I use a Ford Contour dual fan assembly it fits on Rambler Radiator (taller than it is wide) like it was made for it. The dual fan assembly pulls over 4600cfm at full power. I use an aftermarket electric drive that run both fans simultaneously. I bet your radiator is the same size as mine. I have a thread on here someplace showing the fan set up (search nosigma). They kick in at 180 degrees and reach max power at 210. No overheating after I finished the cam break in. I run the factory alternator and the factory ps pump, but its the 99 up version that mounts on the curved dual plane manifold. This later model PS pump has a much nicer belt tensioner. I have an ac compressor installed but not used. I came across the rare AC delete bracket a few months ago and will install that at some point to get rid of the AC compressor.

John
RenoF250

Post by RenoF250 »

nosigma wrote:Mine is installed in a 66 Rambler. The factory clutched fan and the factory electric fan would not fit. I use a Ford Contour dual fan assembly it fits on Rambler Radiator (taller than it is wide) like it was made for it. The dual fan assembly pulls over 4600cfm at full power. I use an aftermarket electric drive that run both fans simultaneously. I bet your radiator is the same size as mine. I have a thread on here someplace showing the fan set up (search nosigma). They kick in at 180 degrees and reach max power at 210. No overheating after I finished the cam break in. I run the factory alternator and the factory ps pump, but its the 99 up version that mounts on the curved dual plane manifold. This later model PS pump has a much nicer belt tensioner. I have an ac compressor installed but not used. I came across the rare AC delete bracket a few months ago and will install that at some point to get rid of the AC compressor.

John
If I had the Wrangler hardware I think I would be in a different boat but as it is I would have to run the A/C pump just for the pulley and electric fans. I would like to stay with the belt fan and no A/C. Even better would be a spot for a York pump for OBA.
RenoF250

Post by RenoF250 »

Just saw some pics of a 91 wrangler on CL and it looks like it has the perfect setup. Mount for the York and everything. Guess I will have to go to the Jeep yard.
bbarrett
Making Progress
Making Progress
Stroker Displacement: 331
Vehicle Year: 1987
Vehicle Make: jeep
Vehicle Model: wrangler

Post by bbarrett »

everything from my 87 fit my stroker 4.0 block!
TEST