Boost works exhaust manifold

Performance mods and Advanced Stroker discussion.
MTY
Stroker Displacement: 4.7
Vehicle Year: 1989
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Comanche

Boost works exhaust manifold

Post by MTY »

Have any of you got any experience with boost works? Particularly there exhaust manifold
Randy Bobandi
I made it to triple digits!

Re: Boost works exhaust manifold

Post by Randy Bobandi »

When I was sourcing parts for a turbo build, every turbo manufacturer advised me to not use that manifold. The issue is the T3 flange, heat and of course the space restrictions in that area of the engine bay. The T3 flange is the smallest flange. I'm not sure why they designed it this way as T3 flanges are only accepted up to 3 liter displacement gas engines. A T3 flange on a 4.0L-4.7L engine at 15 PSI manifold pressure would run at at least 50 PSI of drive pressure. That's way too much. It's enough pressure to snap rocker arms, valve springs, pop off valve seals and a ton of valve float.
Cummins90
Vehicle Year: 1996
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: Boost works exhaust manifold

Post by Cummins90 »

I cant speak for the BW manifold but I run a T3 flanged log manifold on a stock 4.0L. The turbo is water cooled/oil lubed. The intake manifold is foil wrapped, the turbo has a blanket and the downpipe is shielded. Intake temps with a relatively small intercooler runs about 140*F. It's possible to put a T4 flange on this manifold but packaging the turbo under the intake is a chore.