Odd stroker build/parts

Performance mods and Advanced Stroker discussion.
MAXJEEP

Odd stroker build/parts

Post by MAXJEEP »

I Found a guy that use to work at a localmachine shop selling a 3727 4 counterweight crank and some strange rods. He said he thinks they are Honda rods and the crank was ground to fit the Honda rods. I saw where some people offset ground the 258 crank to get an even longer stroke. My questions are
1 Who had done this?
2 What pistons do i use?
3 how do i work out the quench and compression so i can run on pump gas
4.I looked on 505’s site their rods for the 5.0 don’t look like these unless they look at their kit and they do look the same. I assume they use under size rods and offset grind the crank to get the extra cubic inches

Any guidance or information would be appreciated. I am a newbie but i am a Mechanic I have rebuilt engines and I have been reading about stroker Jeep engines for a long time.also if someone can tell me how to add pictures i will
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Russ Pottenger
Strong Poster
Strong Poster
Stroker Displacement: 4.7
Vehicle Year: 2000
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: Odd stroker build/parts

Post by Russ Pottenger »

A good place to start would be to get the specifications on the parts you have.

• Crankshaft stroke
• Connecting Rod center to center
• Compression distance and dish volume of the piston
• Combustion chamber volume on the cylinder head you’re planning to use.

If it turns out the piston in the kit won’t work with your application I’d be more than happy to custom make a piston for you.

You’re welcome to contact me directly if I could be of any further help on more specific information I might be able to help you with.

Russ Pottenger
Bishop-Buehl Racing Engines
531 N. Lyall Avenue
West Covina, California 91790
Work (626) 967-1000
Cell (626) 673-2203
Email: [email protected]