Apexi

Performance mods and Advanced Stroker discussion.
Mike B
Making Progress
Making Progress
Stroker Displacement: 4.7L
Vehicle Year: 1995
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Xj

Apexi

Post by Mike B »

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/apx-401-a018

Anybody use one of these on their stroker with an obd1 system? At what point is one necessary? I'm finally working on swapping the engine into the jeep, along with the swap ill be installing a wideband so I can at least monitor the afr during break in. Hoping that everything goes smoothly, its just a matter of time and getting time away from work.
Cheromaniac
I live here
I live here
Stroker Displacement: 4563cc
Vehicle Year: 1992
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: Apexi

Post by Cheromaniac »

I don't know of anyone who's used the current generation of APEXi fuel controller but it should work well on the OBD 1 set up. Think of it as a more sophisticated MAP adjuster. Basically it allows you to adjust the fuel curve at fixed rpm increments, and a wideband O2 sensor will facilitate the process.
If you have the correct size injectors it probably isn't necessary but it's very useful if you want to optimize the fuel curve for maximum HP/TQ. You can also use it to make further adjustments if you add more airflow-enhancing upgrades.
1992 XJ 4.6 I6 - 5MT - Stroker build-up, Stroker "recipes" Sold
1995 Mustang GT - 4AT - Modded Sold
2006 Mustang GT - 5MT - Modded Midlife Crisis Car :mrgreen:
Mike B
Making Progress
Making Progress
Stroker Displacement: 4.7L
Vehicle Year: 1995
Vehicle Model: Xj

Post by Mike B »

Cheromaniac wrote: October 13th, 2020, 10:55 pm I don't know of anyone who's used the current generation of APEXi fuel controller but it should work well on the OBD 1 set up. Think of it as a more sophisticated MAP adjuster. Basically it allows you to adjust the fuel curve at fixed rpm increments, and a wideband O2 sensor will facilitate the process.
If you have the correct size injectors it probably isn't necessary but it's very useful if you want to optimize the fuel curve for maximum HP/TQ. You can also use it to make further adjustments if you add more airflow-enhancing upgrades.
I've got 24lb injectors from clegg currently, so we'll see what happens, im also at 4.7l of displacement too. How do you guys plug the vacuum port for the FPR when you unplug that line, or what do you use? I'm assuming I'll need to have the pressure bumped up to get the proper amount of fuel.
Cheromaniac
I live here
I live here
Stroker Displacement: 4563cc
Vehicle Year: 1992
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by Cheromaniac »

The vacuum line to the FPR should remain attached.