Turbo Stroker 4.7 in 97 TJ

Performance mods and Advanced Stroker discussion.
Justus
Stroker Displacement: 4.7
Vehicle Year: 1997
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Wrangler

Turbo Stroker 4.7 in 97 TJ

Post by Justus »

Hi guys, I was hoping for some insight as my searches are. to giving me a lot if info. I apologise if its a dumb question, I am very limited to finding info in the bush. (remote Australia). I have a 97 TJ that I have put a 4.7lt stroked engine and T3 turbo. It is struggling to run on higher revs starts to splutter. I am looking to go for a distributor delete ignition system so I can control and give more fuel I assume. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Its been lifted 3" and running on 4.56 gears and a 6 speed manual.
Cummins90
I made it to triple digits!
I made it to triple digits!
Vehicle Year: 1996
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: Turbo Stroker 4.7 in 97 TJ

Post by Cummins90 »

You have no fuel management on this engine other than the stock pcm and stock injectors? If so stop immediately. Please provide a link to the turbo you used. T3 is not descriptive enough and tells nothing of the compressors output ability.

A stock JTEC ECU cannot run positive pressure. It cannot interpret above 1 ATM, it cannot retard timing in boost, it cannot control fueling needed for FI. You need the ecu tuned or you need to use a standalone or piggyback...or even piggyback a standalone.

If you have questions, even about some terminology, that you dont understand just ask.
SkylinesSuck
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 1998
Vehicle Model: Wrangler

Re: Turbo Stroker 4.7 in 97 TJ

Post by SkylinesSuck »

+1

I can't believe you have made it this far without a tune and haven't blown your motor to boot. You need to tune for that. Your ecu has no way to see the boost you are trying to throw at it. And also as mentioned T3 means nothing. It's just an exhaust flange size.

I would suggest contacting some of the known tuners recommend on this board. I am using Flyin' Ryan, but there are others.