Critique my build plan, 4.0 and supercharger

Performance mods and Advanced Stroker discussion.
84bthomas
Stroker Displacement: 4.0
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Lj

Critique my build plan, 4.0 and supercharger

Post by 84bthomas »

Vehicle is a 2006 lj. 6speed manual, 5.13 gears, 37’s. Looking to do an lite rebuild (in frame), add a boosted tech supercharger, and a set of arh long tube headers.

Engine plans are a set of Russ’s pistons/rods, Russ ported Edelbrock head, ported horseshoe intake, Russ 235-4 cam (114lsa), 1.7 rockers, arp head bolts

Piston details look like oem 1.601 comp height, oem bore, 10cc dish. With a finished out head cc of 58, and a .027 Cometic mls gasket I’m looking at 9.5:1 comp, and quench of .048.

Supercharger will be m90 boosted tech unit with a 2.5” pulley. Thinking psi will end up around 7 between the head and exhaust dropping restrictions. Will look into adapting a 68mm Tb from mopar 4.7

Headers are 1 5/8x3” collector

Any improvements to be made here (keeping in mind the in frame part) trying to keep it easily done in driveway.

I considered a custom cam with a later ivc and earlier evo events, but not sure of the harmonics the intake/exhaust on 4.0 and supercharger would like best.
Cummins90
I made it to triple digits!
I made it to triple digits!
Vehicle Year: 1996
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: Critique my build plan, 4.0 and supercharger

Post by Cummins90 »

I've done a 4.0L stock motor with a gen 3 m90 with a 2.55 in pulley. This was in a 5 speed 96 XJ tuned with an aem FIC. The results where lack luster and left me wanting more. I could run the set up to 12psi but after 8psi the intake charge temp would rise rapidly even with meth injection. There was also what I would describe as boost lag even though SC shouldn't have that...mine did. I installed a turbo kit and would never go back.

I hope your experience is better.
6sense
Noob
Noob
Stroker Displacement: 4.0
Vehicle Year: 1999
Vehicle Model: Grand cher

Post by 6sense »

I’ve been very happy with my boosted technology supercharger.Looking at your setup I’m guessing your into 4 wheeling.I own turbo cars that work well but for off-roading a supercharger is the way to go It’s extremely reliable the eaton m90 can go to 80 thousand miles before a rebuild.The 4 liter engine makes good low end and the supercharger just enhances that.There are to many people trying to make the Jeep engine something it’s not.The most important thing about any of engine especially a forced-injunction is a good tune makes all the difference in the the world.Good luck with your project.
Tolemar
Making Progress
Making Progress
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 1997
Vehicle Model: Wrangler

Post by Tolemar »

I had a whipple supercharged Chevy back in the day. That thing was fast as heck and more than doubled the hp of the stock 210 hp engine. Truck ran 0-60 in the 4second range and ran 12.80 in the 1/4 with a 4500 pound truck. Loved the power that supercharger made out of the hole. Goobs of torque. No lag at all 8 pounds of boost right of idle and pegged a 15 pound gauge. All that and still towed my 25’ eliminator boat with a blown 572 in it like a dream . Lol