coil rail eliminator problems

Performance mods and Advanced Stroker discussion.
woodjeep
I made it to triple digits!
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 1992
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

coil rail eliminator problems

Post by woodjeep »

Hi just started the preliminaries for my coil rail eliminator on my 01 with a 98 block and head stroker. I just finished the 3 foot extender harness and it still runs on the rail so that's good. my problem is that the connector on my 01 into the rail does not directly connect into the AIRTEX 5C1432 replacement coil pack. when staring at the airtex unit with lock clip up...there is a thin raised square rail on the upper left side that has no corresponding cutout on the 01 connector. I can easily grind away but I thought this was a direct fit connection and I want to make sure I have it right before I start cutting away stuff...thanks..Will try to get pictures later today
woodjeep
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 1992
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: coil rail eliminator problems

Post by woodjeep »

These show the difference between my stock coil rail plug and the airtex plug...the airtex has the square rail on top left that blocks my connector from sliding on. I can easily grind it down but I didn't think you had to based on what I read . I want to make sure that's the only issue before I cut the plug...thanks
IMG_1674.jpg
download/file.php?mode=view&id=2340http ... ew&id=2339
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.