No Oil Pressure!

Performance mods and Advanced Stroker discussion.
bmax998
Noob
Noob
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 1996
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: G.Cherokee

No Oil Pressure!

Post by bmax998 »

Alright so I finally did the swap!! :D :D everything went in nice (sorta) and nothing seemed to be out of place or wrong. I primed the engine and let it crank and everything was fine. So now I go to start it up, and the damn thing started up in less than 2 seconds! It just turned right over with no issues. I was so excited until I looked and saw the "check gauges" light on and then found out that my oil pressure gauge was reading 0. I am going to see if I have pressure or not with a mechanical gauge tomorrow, if I do have pressure, than it might just be the oil pressure sending unit. In which I'll replace that and see how it goes.
Other than that, would anybody have any ideas on what else it could be? I'm just trying to find every single possibility as to why I'm not seeing any pressure. Please help!!

f.y.i. I did not see any leaks or drips from the oil pan, oil filter, distributor, sending unit, etc. The engine barely even warmed up, I turned it off before it actually heated up and I started damaging things
bmax998
Noob
Noob

Re: No Oil Pressure!

Post by bmax998 »

**Update**
New oil pressure sending unit in and BOOM all is good with the world
Cheromaniac
I live here
I live here
Stroker Displacement: 4563cc
Vehicle Year: 1992
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by Cheromaniac »

I like happy endings. :cheers:
1992 XJ 4.6 I6 - 5MT - Stroker build-up, Stroker "recipes" Sold
1995 Mustang GT - 4AT - Modded Sold
2006 Mustang GT - 5MT - Modded Midlife Crisis Car :mrgreen:
bmax998
Noob
Noob

Post by bmax998 »

Cheromaniac wrote: August 6th, 2019, 1:55 am I like happy endings. :cheers:
Well.... now there is another issue. :brickwall:
Now it won't even start!! After it ran like a top the night before, it sat overnight and on start up the next day it just progressively started running worse and worse at idle until I couldn't even get it turn over. OR when it does turn over, it'll run for like 1 second and then just sputter off against all efforts trying to keep it running. Here's what we have checked so far:
- Fuel issue: checked fuel pressure, injectors, fuel line, etc. and everything seemed like it checked out there
- Throttle position sensor: nothing damaged all is good
- ASD relay: wasn't burnt up, switched with a different relay and both work just the same
- Fuel Pump relay: clicks over, all is good
- The only thing we could find then was that maybe during the swap, we damaged the crank position sensor. Which, to my knowledge, would trip the ASD relay and not allow the engine to run

If you have any other advice or knowledge that could help me, it would be much appreciated! I know it runs, and runs really well! I just can't get the damn thing to start anymore!
Cheromaniac
I live here
I live here

Post by Cheromaniac »

Is there any spark when you crank the engine?
The CPS is a possibility but I was wondering if the ignition coil could be at fault.
bmax998
Noob
Noob

Post by bmax998 »

Well we, stupidly, already replaced the CPS unit before checking for spark, but there is spark and so I don't think that is the issue. I also rented a fuel pressure tester and there is definitely fuel being fed into the engine with no loss of pressure. The only other thing would be air but I have a new throttle body and I deep cleaned the air intake, all sensors were reused but functioned properly before pulling the engine and it did run just 3 days ago. We came to the conclusion that it HAS to be electrical but we don't know what. There was also the idea of something tripping the ASD relay but I'm not sure what all feeds to that specific relay so help on that would be needed. Any other ideas throw them my way! I'm really hoping its not just a loose wire somewhere, but it may just be something stupid like that.
Cheromaniac
I live here
I live here

Post by Cheromaniac »

bmax998 wrote: August 7th, 2019, 7:55 amI'm really hoping its not just a loose wire somewhere, but it may just be something stupid like that.
You should be hoping that IS the problem 'cause that'll at least only cost you time rather than money to fix.
Check the ground wires from the engine.
Rickyd
Noob
Noob
Vehicle Year: 1997
Vehicle Model: Wrangler

Post by Rickyd »

Update?
Sean295
Noob
Noob
Vehicle Year: 1997
Vehicle Model: TJ

Post by Sean295 »

CRUDD....Just saw the date on this...opps

I would start with bringing number 1 up on TDC compression...make sure its compression....then pull the distributor...is it pointing at number 1 or 180 off. I have heard they will run 180 off....If you have coil packs then still check the index....I had to grind an ear off mine to rotate it...there is an article on that just google indexing stroker distributor.....If you have spark and you have full then it might be this.....

One other thought is are you getting pulse to the injectors....hear them clicking? Or check voltage....if you are getting all the above then it has to be a timing issue...good lluck

PS Mine was the CPS sensor got damaged on install