Titan 4.7 tuning for dummies

Performance mods and Advanced Stroker discussion.
bessemerengine
Vehicle Year: 1999
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: TJ

Titan 4.7 tuning for dummies

Post by bessemerengine »

I have a 1999 TJ with a Titan 4.7, ax-15, 3:73 gears, and 315/75R17 tires. I have the larger fuel injectors. Intake and exhaust are stock. The Jeep runs great now that it is broken in. I would like to get a tuner to help improve my fuel economy what I can. I am looking for recommendations on what tuner to purchase. I tried searching previous posts and did not find anything that answered my questions. I drove the Jeep 222k since new before doing a total rebuild down to the bare frame and tub. I plan to drive it another 20 years. It is my primary daily driver when I am not on my motorcycle.
SkylinesSuck
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 1998
Vehicle Model: Wrangler

Re: Titan 4.7 tuning for dummies

Post by SkylinesSuck »

Flyin Ryan performance. Google him. That's your guy. He's busy and this is a side gig so it might take a bit for a reply, but he's the guy. He will flash you stock PCM with an SCT tuner via email. You will need a wide band and some way to data log.
bessemerengine
Vehicle Year: 1999
Vehicle Model: TJ

Post by bessemerengine »

Thanks, I sent him an email with some questions. I am going to visit a local shop that does a lot of the little "tuner" cars. Rather than invest in the SCT X4 and wide band 02 sensor installation, I am going to see if they can handle the data aquisition for me and cooridinate with Ryan to get it done. Once my tune is in, I do not see a need for the X4. I already have a X2 that collects dust except when I need to clear a code on something. I was really surprised at the lack of response to my question overall. It seems hard to believe there is only one option for programming a TJ. I intend to put a lot of miles on my Jeep so if I can get a couple more Mpg out of it, it is worth the investment.
Cheromaniac
I live here
I live here
Stroker Displacement: 4563cc
Vehicle Year: 1992
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by Cheromaniac »

You could also contact the other Jeep tuning guru Chris Jensen.

[email protected]
1992 XJ 4.6 I6 - 5MT - Stroker build-up, Stroker "recipes" Sold
1995 Mustang GT - 4AT - Modded Sold
2006 Mustang GT - 5MT - Modded Midlife Crisis Car :mrgreen: