Dead Horse

Performance mods and Advanced Stroker discussion.
azcurly
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Unlimited

Dead Horse

Post by azcurly »

I have a 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. I had put a Golen 4.6 Stroker engine in it. I have replaced everything under the hood, all sensors, OPDA and had a shop in Arizona do all the work. I got it back about three weeks ago and it seemed to drive fine. Up until last Wednesday when I got a code P0340. I replaced the camshaft sensor with a Mopar one and it ran for about an hour before the code returned.

Everything is new....I had read there were factory recalls on the PCM and OPDA which had never been done.

I fear taking it to a dealership due to costs and not getting the underlying problem fixed.

Everything has been replaced and the timing is correct. What the hell?
The Beast
Making Progress
Making Progress
Stroker Displacement: 4.7
Vehicle Year: 1988
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: Dead Horse

Post by The Beast »

Sounds like it could be out of sync somehow. How is it running?
My Jeep is like having a conversation with two lions, in both my ears, inside my head, from the outside.... I hear good things from them!
Mgardiner1
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 284 CI

Re: Dead Horse

Post by Mgardiner1 »

How did you ever make out with this? I have an 05 LJ that I just wrapped up installing my stroker a few weeks ago. Drove fine for a few weeks, but then I started receiving this code as well. Same as you, replaced with MOPAR sensor, seemed ok, 2 days later the P0340 code returned. I've built a few strokers at this point, OPDA is spot on as far as the hole alignment with TDC. I did see the PCM reprogramming recall.... I was going to convert mine to standard shift this weekend and am curious if the problem will remain. I was leaning towards a wiring issue, and the manual transmission setup will receive a different harness and PCM, so if the problem persists I'll start looking into mechanic issues with cam/OPDA
oletshot wrote:....and silvolites are only cast not hypericantspellits. :-)