Took it for a test toast yesterday evening and a funny thing happened before I left.
I started it and let it run like always do but I was getting an issue with the oilpan leaking. So I was like "ehh, whatever, tighten a few bolts lol"
I jack her up and get underneath tighten said bolts and so done'n'done. Fire it up again and take a look few minutes later no leaks, ok. Went
inside to grab some things and when I came out,.. boom! little black spot, again!? Kept it running and went underneath with a rag cleaned
it up and noticed something strange. I can see the leak happening pretty fast and it was coming from the heads of the bolts. I was like WTF
that's a new Felpro gasket and everything. I was like hmm, then I turned the oil cap and it blew up and into my hand as I pulled it away.
Right then and there I had that little cold pit in behind your balls, first thing in my mind was I have to tear this thing apart again.
Well I was like hold on a minute this didn't happen before on the old ECM so I checked the hoses and found that some wern't sucking and
blowing like they were supposed to be. After a few little tests and swaps I found that a line had water frozen in the line to my oil/air
separator from condensation cycle over the last month of starting. As soon as I bypassed and ran straight to the intake the oil cap was
vacuum sucked to the valve cover, so I left it for now. But I haven't had a cold pit feel like that since my mom had my Jeep towed caused
I used it before I got my license hehehe.
The Jeep is fine and runs really really good! Once that was figured out I drove it around the neighborhood for a bit to run the auto-tune
feature in TS. It responded fairly well and I've noticed it took quite a bit of fuel out at the bottom low to mid throttle and vacuum.
I haven't hit the top end yet but couldn't really because it's too cold out and no traction to put under load. I might have to put the
track tires back on this weekend when it warms up. I'm hoping it'll be dry so I get enough traction to tune WOT.
The only issue left (like I haven't said that before ;p) is the low idle speed. Can't seem to get it to stay at least above 650-700rpm.
It doesn't do anything bad at low rpm idle I even had a steady idle at 480rpm but I prefer to have it around 800rpm. The only thing
left that I can think of to mess with is the ignition. It's already at 14.8 degrees, should I go higher for faster idle? I've seen some
cars use quite a bit of timing but were some oddball weird Jap motors but even common ones like 1-2j's or Miata's. I can't imagine
it hurting the motor but wouldn't doing that cobble band-aid the tune and create weird table anomalies? I'll try it anyway but will report
weirdness if any.
The great thing so far is that super lazy response and quirky AFR problems of the old ECU are gone and letting off the gas it doesn't
stall coming to light and such. Drivability is 3 times that of the old ECU. I may like to hang up on the wall my good'ol Renix ECU and
shine er up real nice but I'm glad that thing is retired now.
Besides all that and this very long post I will post my current tune to date. SO if anyone wants to try it I'd say it's good enough to help
someone get the wheels spinning before it hit the ground so to speak.
Just to NOTE** This is a N/A tune, NOT for turbo's or superchargers!*****
I will make one of those later hehe