Fuel Pump Upgrade

Performance mods and Advanced Stroker discussion.
LRSimons
Making Progress
Making Progress
Vehicle Year: 1995
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: XJ

Fuel Pump Upgrade

Post by LRSimons »

I'm pretty sure I'm getting to the limits of the stock, 125k, 90lph pump. Calculators say at the 325ish crank hp I'm making at 13-14 psi the stock fuel pump is probably dropping pressure on the top end. Unfortunately I haven't set up a pressure sensor yet so I really don't know for sure, and the 80lb injectors are large enough to compensate (mask symptoms) at lower pressures.

I've heard that the dakota/durango pump is rated at 190lph and bolts in. However, I'm probably wanting a bigger pump than that. The rest of the system is capable of 500+ hp and the 190 pump won't do that with boost and e85.

Anyone done/know of a high capacity drop in (more or less) pump?
Cummins90
I made it to triple digits!
I made it to triple digits!
Vehicle Year: 1996
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: Fuel Pump Upgrade

Post by Cummins90 »

https://treperformance.com/i-133187-jee ... gJjxPD_BwE

227@49psi fuel pressure from a walbro? I would say put on a cheap fuel pressure gauge tapped on the fuel pressure test port for the time being and run it up to a windshield wiper. At least see where it's lacking.
LRSimons
Making Progress
Making Progress
Vehicle Year: 1995
Vehicle Model: XJ

Re: Fuel Pump Upgrade

Post by LRSimons »

Thanks. Looks like the pumps themselves aren't really manufacturer specific as I thought. The 255 would probably be enough for 500 hp on 93. They pop up for sale locally sometimes as well.