injector trouble

Performance mods and Advanced Stroker discussion.
rammit11
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 1998
Vehicle Make: jeep
Vehicle Model: cherokee

injector trouble

Post by rammit11 »

Hi, have a small problem with my stroker. I am getting two codes ---203 and 306. I know the 203 is an injector code on #3 and the 306 is a cylinder misfire on #6. I can say there is a definite miss on #3 . Would it be possible that the code for #6 is just related to the bad injector on #3? How would one go about making the proper diagnosis of the whole deal?
rammit11
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 1998
Vehicle Make: jeep
Vehicle Model: cherokee

Re: injector trouble

Post by rammit11 »

I think I found out the problem after looking at things better . The injector plug wire had what seems to be a break right at the connector. I picked up a new connector from advance auto installed it and engine is running a lot better and my mid range load ping has seemed to gone away and also has quieted don at idle tremendously. I figured I would post my findings for possibly helping out a fellow stroker owner with a sporadic ping and injector issues as this has been my nightmare since shortly after installing my stroker ,but has only now shown itself.
wldc10
Vehicle Year: 2001
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: XJ

Re: injector trouble

Post by wldc10 »

The new stroker in my 01 XJ started getting misfire codes for cylinders 4 and 5. The codes would reappear after replacing the coil pack and spark plugs. I already had Bosch 703 injectors. After more research and looking at Dino's stroker recipes, I started looking at the injectors. I compared by stroker build with Dino's stroker recipes and guestimated the horse power level: 260-280. An injector flow calculator showed, that the flow rate for the 703 injectors was too low. The misfire codes never returned after installing injectors with a higher flow rate.