Lifters

Performance mods and Advanced Stroker discussion.
BeRadicle
I think I'll order a "tab"
Vehicle Year: 1992
Vehicle Make: JEEP
Vehicle Model: Grand YJ

Re: Lifters

Post by BeRadicle »

I haven't ordered the springs or anything yet Russ, its gonna be 170 usd for the springs keepers and locks. If you can hook a guy up for less than that I would be greatly appreciated. I am in desperate need.
Regards
Brad
BeRadicle

Post by BeRadicle »

Well after conferring with Russ, I have decided on some crane springs 99833 retainers 99950 and locks 99101 , 184 usd delivered will seat at 102 lbs, install at 1.685 as the retainer lock combo are universal and add .045 in seat height. And will have 260lb on the nose which should keep the valve float down to a minimum.

Works with stock valves and absolutely no machine work.
Russ Pottenger
Strong Poster
Strong Poster
Stroker Displacement: 4.7
Vehicle Year: 2000
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by Russ Pottenger »

Brad,

You better double check the specs with Crane on your 99101 keepers before ordering. Pretty sure that is for a square groove.
BeRadicle

Post by BeRadicle »

99101 are for bead and 99093 are square lock, these springs just happen to be what crane supplys for amc jeep 6 cylinder small block ford and old v8s

It was difficult to sort through specs till I found theses pdf files of catalogue pages from crane. Very intuitive layout.

So update
Lifters are coming from lunati,
Bottom end is coming from rock auto with gaskets.
Head is almost done, need to ruff in the intake sides clean up the casting ridges and finish sanding the exhaust ports.
Have red header paint to refinish them, Gold paint for the block, and some high temp clear for the valve cover and intake.

If I could come up with another 325$ i could order the drop in piston set off jeggs with the springs to run the 4.2 crank I have here....
Really debating... but Im tapped out
BeRadicle

Post by BeRadicle »

Ok so one more update, was informed by lunati tech that this cam wants about 130 on the seat and 270 open. Soooo now there is one more option from crane 96803 330lb/rate. And 99969 lifter same locks as above. Should be 112 on the seat and 270 on the nose, 265 cad to get it all here.
BeRadicle

Post by BeRadicle »

Also once i found these locks and retainers i did calculations with the lunati recommended spring and the nose pressure was way low, Like 256 or some thing. And the seat pressure was low but in the specs. So the crane springs are coming ordered today. Will ship out on Monday.

I want to give a big shout out to Russ! His input was more than valuable to me. In fact I probably would have fucked my build had he not stopped me.

Also a big thank you to the patient people at lunati.