2 cam questions

Performance mods and Advanced Stroker discussion.
SkylinesSuck
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 1998
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Wrangler

2 cam questions

Post by SkylinesSuck »

First question is for a buddy. He's swapping my old 4.0 head (which has the Mopar springs) on to his 4.2L YJ. What cam would you guys recommend? It's a trail only rig and he doesn't want to give up any low end at all, but would like to be able to actually rev it to 5k and have some power there to help in the mud and stuff.

Second question is for me. I unfortunately need to start putting together a new bottom end (more on that in another thread later). I will be going with Russ's recommendation on pistons and already have one of his P&P heads. I have the bumpstick he recommended and provided (nitrided) which I will dig the specs up for shortly. Russ suggested reusing it, but I'm considering going bigger. I don't mind a bit rougher idle (love that mean sound) and while I offroad it, it's a daily driver and I beat on it on the road more than anything else. It will get 35's on it at some point (4.10 gears now on 32's). Thoughts? Russ, do you think a bigger cam is a bad idea? It will be tuned by Ryan btw.
SkylinesSuck
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 1998
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Wrangler

Re: 2 cam questions

Post by SkylinesSuck »

IMG_20170717_193516.jpg
Current cam from Russ.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.