Anyone have a base map for a MS?

Performance mods and Advanced Stroker discussion.
Oktmighty
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 1985
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: CJ7

Anyone have a base map for a MS?

Post by Oktmighty »

I have scoured the internet for the past week and have come up with nothing. Tons of "I have been running an MS on my L6 for ages, here is the map!" and usually the map has been removed. I ordered my MS3 kit and will be assembling it when I receive it, so in the meantime I have downloaded tunerstudio to try to get a head start on the process. I am going through the settings and trying to fill it in as best as I can, but it would be really nice if there was some kind of workflow guide at least. Youtube is full of people telling you how to tweak a basemap for miatas and stuff, and the program warns that you should start from something and not set it up from scratch, but I can not see ANYTHING out there for an L6! One way or another I hope to make some kind of write-up on the process, but it would be nice to have something to at least reference while I am figuring this out.
By the way I am finishing up a 4.6 stroker with a comp cam 68-200-4. I will be using a MS3 (not x) for now with staggered fuel injection for odd and even banks to try to help with low throttle. Thanks for any help!
LRSimons
Making Progress
Making Progress
Vehicle Year: 1995
Vehicle Model: XJ

Re: Anyone have a base map for a MS?

Post by LRSimons »

Ever get it running? What year/model is it going into?

I've been working on putting an MS3 in my 95 for the past couple days. Using all the stock sensors. Fighting with a lack "no rpm sync" issue, even though I'm fairly sure I can see both the crank and cam signals in the logger. Seems to be reading all other sensors just fine.
Cummins90
I made it to triple digits!
I made it to triple digits!
Vehicle Year: 1996
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by Cummins90 »

Have you tried the XJ-R guys I think that was an obd1 era with megasquirt. Pseudosport from NAXJA (I'm not sure if he is on JS) may be able to help you.
LRSimons
Making Progress
Making Progress
Vehicle Year: 1995
Vehicle Model: XJ

Post by LRSimons »

The XJR guys used an MS1, and I haven't been able to find an actual map from them. Their ecu connector pinout was very helpful.

Got it running last night, however still need to find an ignition map at least. Any 2 valve distributor engine should have a similar enough timing curve.
gsune
Noob
Noob
Stroker Displacement: 4.5
Vehicle Year: 2000
Vehicle Make: jeep
Vehicle Model: cherokee x

Post by gsune »

Hi, i´m from venezuela. i have a cherokee xj 2000 stroker 4.7 megasquirt ms2 v3
i´m running very nice only fuel, i have to finish tuning it
gsune
Noob
Noob
Stroker Displacement: 4.5
Vehicle Year: 2000
Vehicle Make: jeep
Vehicle Model: cherokee x

Post by gsune »

Oktmighty
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 1985
Vehicle Model: CJ7

Post by Oktmighty »

Sorry guys, I kind of had to put this aside for a while. I did finish building the engine and decided to run it on the OEM computer until I have time to start on the swap (it is running surprisingly well). I ended up getting the X addon so I can now do fully sequential injection (I had other reasons for the addon as well, I needed the extra I/O for some other features I am planning). I am uploading what I have done so far in tuner studio, if someone who has done this before gets to look at it I welcome any feedback. When I get a chance to build my harness and start the engine I will try to remember to come back and update this.

@gsune, does this look right so far?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.