Holley Sniper EFI on stroker

Performance mods and Advanced Stroker discussion.
ghetdjc320
Noob
Noob
Stroker Displacement: 4.2
Vehicle Year: 1988
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Wrangler

Holley Sniper EFI on stroker

Post by ghetdjc320 »

Just thought It might be helpful to let everyone know what I'm using for fuel control on my 4.2 mini stroker. i have the painless wiring kit for my 88 yj and was looking for a stand-alone efi system. I was looking into installing the Holley HP system but stumbled across the sniper system they had just released. I ordered up a Clifford "4.0" intake manifold (nothing about it is made for the 4.0 as it had to be modified to fit and it doesn't support the power steering bracket on the 4.0) and installed the Holley sniper system. After a bit of fine tuning I'm happy to report it is running excellent. The torque is quite outstanding. I'm also running a performance distributors dui system but am contemplating switching to the msd distributor and having the sniper control the timing to really dial it in. The sniper efi is definitely a viable option and it works remarkably well. If anyone has any questions about my setup let me know.
SkylinesSuck
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 1998

Re: Holley Sniper EFI on stroker

Post by SkylinesSuck »

I use a similar system on my '75 Cutlass and love it. Runs great.
jsawduste
My keyboard is getting warn out
My keyboard is getting warn out
Stroker Displacement: 4.9

Post by jsawduste »

Interesting,
please do expand on your Sniper install.

What throttle body are you using ? What I see on the Holley web site are LS based 92mm + units.
How does the ECU get an ignition signal, injector signal and a VSS signal ? I ask because the Holley web site doesn't address these values.

These are but a few questions. I am sure you know many of us would have more.
ghetdjc320
Noob
Noob
Stroker Displacement: 4.2

Post by ghetdjc320 »

The sniper is a TBI unit so there is no extra throttle body. The ecm and some sensors (map, tps, ect) are integrated into the throttle body and sealed up. It has built in controls for 1 or 2 electric fans and also the fuel pump. I'm not using mine to control timing at the moment but I can add this feature at any time with an msd for the 4.0 and a 6al box. Once the distributor has been locked out and you set the initial timing, the sniper will then take control of timing. It also includes a small touch screen monitor which I mounted on the dash to control most functions and to monitor most sensors. I'm using the tach output from my dui hei system right now and that gives the ecm the ability to do "speed density" fueling without the need for timing control. It also includes a wide band O2 sensor to dial in the right afr. The sniper also includes a 2 bar map so technically it could handle so light blow through boost. In addition it has nitrous solenoid control.
Beermaster31
Stroker Displacement: 4.7
Vehicle Model: Yj

Post by Beermaster31 »

Hey man I was wondering was is you’re AFR set at? Right now it seems that my Stroker is smelling a bit over feeling at idle I was wondering if I can compare numbers and how you have your handheld set up for the optimal performance
silver97
Vehicle Year: 1982
Vehicle Model: Cj7

Post by silver97 »

Which sniper kit are you using? I have been thinking of doing something similar to yours.
Rhino CJ MJ
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 1989
Vehicle Model: Comanche

Post by Rhino CJ MJ »

How did you solve your steering pump issue with the Clifford Intake?