ARP pressure plate bolts??

Performance mods and Advanced Stroker discussion.
MasonMcK
Where's the "any" key?
Where's the "any" key?
Stroker Displacement: 4.7L
Vehicle Year: 1995
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

ARP pressure plate bolts??

Post by MasonMcK »

Just a quick question, does anyone know if ARP sells a pressure plate fastener kit that can be used with the 4.0L flywheels? The closest kit that I have found to working is for the SBC/BBC's and Pontiac V8's but they're 1/4" too long. The stock bolts should be a 3/8-16 x 3/4" with a 1/2 hex head. I put new stock ones in 1700 miles ago which worked their way loose (properly torqued and loctite was used during installation btw) which ended up ruining my new clutch and flywheel. I don't really feel like chancing another $500 on the stock bolts if I don't have to.

Thanks,
-Mason
Russ Pottenger
Strong Poster
Strong Poster
Stroker Displacement: 4.7
Vehicle Year: 2000

Re: ARP pressure plate bolts??

Post by Russ Pottenger »

Hi Mason,

I can't give you a quick answer but my advice would be to call ARP direct (800) 826-3045

I'm a distributor for ARP and would be happy to get it for you if you confirm that they have them.

Russ
MasonMcK
Where's the "any" key?
Where's the "any" key?
Stroker Displacement: 4.7L
Vehicle Year: 1995

Re: ARP pressure plate bolts??

Post by MasonMcK »

I finally got around to calling them yesterday and they do not carry a kit that will work with the 4.0 flywheel... unless I were to special order them which would take several weeks until I would have them. Upon further inspection of my flywheel, even though the stock bolts are only 3/4" UHL the holes in the flywheel are threaded deeper than an inch. So considering using pressure plate bolts for a SBC flywheel as they are the same 3/8-16 bolt, just a 1/4" longer. Hopefully it will be fine. If not, a new set of stock bolts will have to do.

Thanks,
-Mason