performance Valve spring

Performance mods and Advanced Stroker discussion.
azooz252
Vehicle Year: 2000
Vehicle Make: jeep
Vehicle Model: xj

performance Valve spring

Post by azooz252 »

hi
I Have Jeep Xj 2000 and I Rebuild My Engine With Some Performance Part
I Work With 0331 CYLINDER HEAD with Ls1 valve 2.0 int 1.60 Ex Also With Porting Head and Intake i add ls1 Throttle
For The ECU I Have haltech Elite 550 and work whell
My Question is for the valve spring because i have now lunati 268/276, Lift .527/.547 which valve spring i can install with my head because i try compcam need to cat
any spring can be work without catting

thank
Russ Pottenger
Strong Poster
Strong Poster
Stroker Displacement: 4.7
Vehicle Year: 2000
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: performance Valve spring

Post by Russ Pottenger »

The spring that I use for a cam profile similar to yours is a 26975 Comp spring. I'd recommend using it in conjunction with a 4677 ID Spring locator, 774 Retainer, and 623 locks.

If you decide to go this route feel free to shoot me an email or call. I have everything in stock.

Thanks,
Russ Pottenger
Bishop-Buehl Racing Engines
531 N. Lyall Avenue
West Covina, California 91790
(626) 967-1000
Email/PayPal: [email protected]
gonridnu
Movin on up ^
Movin on up ^
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 1989
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: XJ 2 door

Re: performance Valve spring

Post by gonridnu »

The cam is really pretty big for a jeep and puts you in an unrealistic rpm range for both the vehicle and the engine design. I would toss the cam and use one that is better for the application, and one that lets you utilize a spring that does not require cutting the head.

Installing too big of cam is the number one rookie mistake in engine building/designing. 6200 RPM? There is nothing you are going to do at that rpm range in an L6 with that kind of head design in a Jeep, unless you are racing. You may need a converter as well.

Using an Ls-1 valve and retainer, some +.050 locks, and a spring shim (id spring locator) I was able to install a new stock spring on a .448 lift cam at like 120ish on the seat and 250ish open (I don't remember read my build thread). You need to consider what you are doing with the vehicle/engine and build accordingly.