Clutch Upgrade help

Performance mods and Advanced Stroker discussion.
duck454ss
I think I'll order a "tab"
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: LJ

Clutch Upgrade help

Post by duck454ss »

So does anyone have any experience with the NSG370 transmission and clutch up grades?

i went wheeling with my jeep the other day and the stock clutch isn't up to snuff. was slipping with a shitty stock engine. booooooo... not sure what will happen when my blown stroker is done. was thinking of keeping the stock clutch as a weak link but thats an expensive weak link to fix......

Centerforce?
Advance Clutch?
Injection is nice but I'd rather be blown..... 4.6L, Eaton M112, Edelbrock Head, 31cc Dish Pistons, 1.7 Harland Sharp...
Russ Pottenger
Strong Poster
Strong Poster
Stroker Displacement: 4.7
Vehicle Year: 2000
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: Clutch Upgrade help

Post by Russ Pottenger »

Every Centerforce desk and pressure plate I've used I have been very happy with.
duck454ss

Post by duck454ss »

Thanks Russ.... any experience with the Jeep 6 speed and its ability to handle big power?
Injection is nice but I'd rather be blown..... 4.6L, Eaton M112, Edelbrock Head, 31cc Dish Pistons, 1.7 Harland Sharp...
jsawduste
My keyboard is getting warn out
Stroker Displacement: 4.9

Post by jsawduste »

Curious as to your wheeling style.

If your slipping the clutch a bunch than you need to adjust your driving style or crawl ratio.

Ideally the clutch never gets slipped and the gear ratios give you the control you need.
duck454ss

Post by duck454ss »

jsawduste wrote:Curious as to your wheeling style.

If your slipping the clutch a bunch than you need to adjust your driving style or crawl ratio.

Ideally the clutch never gets slipped and the gear ratios give you the control you need.
i dont slip the clutch and my T case is 4:1 w/ 4.1's and 35's..... would prefer 4.55' or 4.88's but i shouldnt have slippage in 4 lo and first gear in the snow.
jsawduste
Stroker Displacement: 4.9

Post by jsawduste »

Good deal, not being critical but to often we see crawl ratios or driving styles contribute to slippage.

That doesn't seem likely in your case.

Like Russ mentioned, the Centerforce is one tough puppy. Been using one for 10 years now in my YJ stroker.

FWIW making sure the flywheel is dressed or replaced with the clutch is a good idea. If you look close the face of the flywheel is slightly concave. For the cost I like to simply replace.
IH 392
I love JeepStrokers.com!!
I love JeepStrokers.com!!

Post by IH 392 »

The CenterForce I installed in a customers TJ was nothing more than a stock SACHS clutch with their little weights attached to the diaphragm arms?? and some orange paint on it?
The OE clutches hold quite well, 10.4 was OE behind LOTS! of V8's with real power!
I'd pay the $27.50 to have the OE flywheel resurfaced, those new Chinese flywheels are garbage!
You can get more power out of ANY engine!!!
ASE Master certified engine machinist, gas and diesel
duck454ss

Post by duck454ss »

Thanks for the feedback guys.... i didnt think anyone was being critical. cheers