Stroker Crack!

Performance mods and Advanced Stroker discussion.
Heck
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6

Stroker Crack!

Post by Heck »

Got my Fix.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I NEED MORE TORQUE!

'03 Rubicon w/4.6: kb944 pistons, late 70's 4 weight crank, Mopar P4529228ab cam, 240 dur./.430 lift, barely polished head. First fire 11/14/08, no mechanical issues so far.
John
I love JeepStrokers.com!!

Re: Stroker Crack!

Post by John »

Heck, would it be possible to get a actual cc measurement of that dish and spec sheet supplied with the piston, I would really like to add the spec to the piston faq's. I hope Oletshot sees and comments on the dish shape. Could you post up a top of piston shot. This would be a valuable addition to our data base.
John
amcinstaller
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 1980
Vehicle Make: AMC
Vehicle Model: Spirit

Post by amcinstaller »

man, what a pancake shaped piston :D a nice shiny pancake!!
1980 AMC Spirit Restomod in Progress
SilverXJ wrote:Roller rockers won't help that mess you have created. Nor will God for that matter.
Heck
Donator
Donator

Post by Heck »

They went to the shop the minute they showed up. I'll get them back either Tuesday or after Thanksgiving, depending on how the machinist's deer season goes. I'll get the info then.
John wrote:Heck, would it be possible to get a actual cc measurement of that dish and spec sheet supplied with the piston, I would really like to add the spec to the piston faq's. I hope Oletshot sees and comments on the dish shape. Could you post up a top of piston shot. This would be a valuable addition to our data base.
John
I NEED MORE TORQUE!

'03 Rubicon w/4.6: kb944 pistons, late 70's 4 weight crank, Mopar P4529228ab cam, 240 dur./.430 lift, barely polished head. First fire 11/14/08, no mechanical issues so far.
John

Post by John »

Thanks Heck, again a valuable contribution.
John
RAPTORFAN85
Donator
Donator
Vehicle Year: 2001
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: TJ

Post by RAPTORFAN85 »

I will give you some info for the site. (not trying to hijack!)

Diamond pistons 24cc dish .040 MLS head gasket with .045 quench 9.4scr 8.0dcr

"Strrrrroke me, stoke me...."

Billy Squire
RAPTORFAN85
Donator
Donator
Vehicle Year: 2001
Vehicle Model: TJ

Post by RAPTORFAN85 »

disregard my last post, I thought those were custom, not Keith Black. :doh: :smack:
"Strrrrroke me, stoke me...."

Billy Squire
John

Post by John »

Actually it's good info. Just set a note to Flash asking that to be added to the FAQ's as we should do when Heck posts his information.
John
Heck
Donator
Donator

Post by Heck »

I looked for a spec sheet, but all I have is what's online http://kb-silvolite.com/forged.php?acti ... s&P_id=543. They CC'd at 22mL exactly.

*WARNING*- I knew the correct orientation of the rod and piston, and so did the machinist doing the work, but there was a generic instruction sheet included with the pistons that explained how to mic the pistons, ring gap and installation, etc. On the back were instructions saying the quench should be toward the cam, which is backwards. So he followed the instructions and now I have to get them redone.

Now for pics.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I NEED MORE TORQUE!

John

Post by John »

Thanks for the additional photos, and you just verified the as delivered dish cc, too many are not as advertised. As for their instruction sheet :smack: :banghead:
John
oletshot
Donator
Donator

Post by oletshot »

John wrote:Heck, would it be possible to get a actual cc measurement of that dish and spec sheet supplied with the piston, I would really like to add the spec to the piston faq's. I hope Oletshot sees and comments on the dish shape. Could you post up a top of piston shot. This would be a valuable addition to our data base.
John
Dish shape seems similar to stock shape, other than depth and champher. I usually use the same shape but with a radius/fillet in the corner where the vertical and horizontal planes meet in the dish. The last set I did I had to vary the shape to get the cc's that we were shooting for. I removed the small quench area and made a D shaped dish rather than double D.

Now I have an answer when my wife naggs me with "WHY DON'T YOU JUST READ THE DAMN INSTRUCTIONS? MEN!".
I'm not clever enough to have a clever signature. I'll just steal yours.
'98 XJ 2-door, '94 YJ.
John

Post by John »

Now I have an answer when my wife naggs me with "WHY DON'T YOU JUST READ THE DAMN INSTRUCTIONS? MEN!". :o I might use that a couple times myself.
The small quench area is a area that too many overlook, You can remove lots of material there. With the two pistons pictured, as well as the full cup dished elsewhere on the board, we quickly see lots of area to work with that is usually not considered.
John
Flash

Post by Flash »

John wrote:Actually it's good info. Just set a note to Flash asking that to be added to the FAQ's as we should do when Heck posts his information.
John
The Diamond Pistons pic's are in the FAQ section! When the pic are "attachment", it's beyond my skills.........But i will get
it!!!!! :?

Flash
89 XJ with 300,000 on the original eng

"I've also never completed a motor, yet. My mouth (fingers) is also writing checks my ass can't cash."
John

Post by John »

Thanks Flash, tools (info) are worth waiting for.
John
gradon
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6/280ci
Vehicle Year: 1996
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by gradon »

Those pistons look nice! I have a ?: I see that they come with the press-in pins but on the side of the box, where it says Lock Ring Part # N/A--this means that it can't/doesn't use lock rings and therefore can't be used in a full-floating setup(no eagle rods)? I thought I've read or seen a pic of a Diamond/Eagle setup(or kit for sale). Is that an option upon ordering(maybe a dif p/n)?