Superchargers?

Performance mods and Advanced Stroker discussion.
N2OFFROAD
Noob
Noob
Vehicle Year: 2000
Vehicle Make: JEEP
Vehicle Model: CHEROKEE

Re: Superchargers?

Post by N2OFFROAD »

4.whoa wrote:
The Xj 4dr and the Mj are the same vehicle from the drivers seat fwd, so you could mount yours like that. If you look at hesco's pics the "shop truck"(yellow mj) has one there with a airdam / bumper for it.
I checked out the pics of Hesco's shop truck, so thats good to know that on the XJ the intercooler can be placed in same area. It looks like you could stuff a pretty big air to air intercooler there than anywhere else specially on the XJ's since theres not alot of room to begin with!
turbostroker
Making Progress
Making Progress
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 1991
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Wrangler

Post by turbostroker »

4.whoa wrote:I just looked at 505's turbo setups.Why the heck do they have a wastegate & a blowoff valve?? :huh: They do the same thing and the blowoff valve is way faster.
The wastegate and blowoff valve is 2 different things.
Wastegate control the boost pressure by let the exhaustgases go outside the turbin and in that way control the pressure from the turbocharger.
The blow off valve is for let the turbopressure out then suddenly you close the trottle so the pressure that came up then not lock the turbocharger then it running at high speed.
Jeep Wrangler -91 Twinturbo 4.6 Stroker
Bo Wernersson
SilverXJ
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by SilverXJ »

FWIW RIck Rimmer is working on another super sharger for the 4.0L. He had made a few in the past, one of which was in JP magazine . A friend of mine picked up a used unit on ebay for a low price. He has been trying to work with Rick for the past 2 years to get some missing parts for the install. Progress has been slow.

http://www.jpmagazine.com/howto/5472/index.html
N2OFFROAD
Noob
Noob
Vehicle Make: JEEP
Vehicle Model: CHEROKEE

Post by N2OFFROAD »

SilverXJ wrote:FWIW RIck Rimmer is working on another super sharger for the 4.0L. He had made a few in the past, one of which was in JP magazine . A friend of mine picked up a used unit on ebay for a low price. He has been trying to work with Rick for the past 2 years to get some missing parts for the install. Progress has been slow.

http://www.jpmagazine.com/howto/5472/index.html
Thanks for the article. If you went with a Eaton supercharger what model or size would be best to go with for the 4.0? The article didn't give any info on the Eaton supercharger. And also I was wondering on how much horsepower can a stock fuel line handle before going to a bigger fuel line? I do understand going with forced induction you have to go with bigger injectors, but just wonder about the fuel line limit.
SilverXJ
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by SilverXJ »

I have never heard of anyone replacing the fuel line on a street driven stroker/SC stroker. I think it will be fine. As for the injectors it depends which way you go. If you use the stock system you will have to go with a piggyback with a 2 bar MAP sensor or completely aftermarket. Some of RImmer's kits use a 7th injector to supplement the stock ones under boost.
amcinstaller
I love JeepStrokers.com!!
Vehicle Year: 1980
Vehicle Make: AMC
Vehicle Model: Spirit

Post by amcinstaller »

ive seen that done for cheap power with high boost on the early dodge turbo engines. crank up the boost, fool the computer, but with the computer not seeing more than its max 14 psi boost, it doesnt add fuel so they add it with another injector in the intake. im not sure how id like that with these intakes though, i would think there would be potential for fuel to come out of suspension and pool in the intake under the throttle body. ive seen that on some 258s, but those were with carbs. 20+ yr old ones at that. just a thought.
1980 AMC Spirit Restomod in Progress
SilverXJ wrote:Roller rockers won't help that mess you have created. Nor will God for that matter.
comanchemty
Where's the "any" key?
Where's the "any" key?
Stroker Displacement: 4.7
Vehicle Year: 1987
Vehicle Make: jeep
Vehicle Model: comanche

Post by comanchemty »

There used to be a guy in Delaware that was building super charger kits in both styles you mentioned . Power dine and a twin screen eation. I drove the prototype for the screw type . It was bone stock except for the S C. The thing felt totally normal until about 2800 rpm then it really set u back. It was a nice build. The coolest thing was the intake. He sand casted them to fit with the SC. He said that the power dine was just as good at low boost.
4.whoa
Movin on up ^
Movin on up ^
Vehicle Model: xj&mj

Post by 4.whoa »

Are you talking about accurate power? from up by newark? He's not doing jeep stuff any more :( I got my 1st cam from him.It's too bad he's a real nice guy.
-Russ

4wd is fun, but 2wd is a BLAST
turbostroker
Making Progress
Making Progress

Post by turbostroker »

SilverXJ wrote:I have never heard of anyone replacing the fuel line on a street driven stroker/SC stroker. I think it will be fine. As for the injectors it depends which way you go. If you use the stock system you will have to go with a piggyback with a 2 bar MAP sensor or completely aftermarket. Some of RImmer's kits use a 7th injector to supplement the stock ones under boost.
The fuelline on a Jeep is very powerful I have it on my old twinturbo engine and it work very well.
Now on the new engine its a little bit too week so I should replace the fuelpump, fuelrail and also the fuelhoses to bigger, but then we are talking about a 4.6 twinturbo engine, E85 and 70lbs injectors.
An aftermarket injection gives a lot of possibilities thats a piggyback not have so I prefere a aftermarket injection.
I have running my car on an Megasquirt aftermarket injection for 2 years without any problem and I have saved a lot of fuel on it.
If you decide to go for a Turbocharger and want respons in low rpm it's better to have 2 small turbo instead of one big I have boost already at 1300 rpm and full pressure at 3000rpm.
Bo Wernersson
amcinstaller

Post by amcinstaller »

i can see why you need some bigger lines turbostroker. at about 3 times what a n/a stroker needs, its really obvious!! :shock: what about with dino fuel? would the stock lines be big enough for your setup?
SilverXJ wrote:Roller rockers won't help that mess you have created. Nor will God for that matter.
comanchemty
Where's the "any" key?
Where's the "any" key?

Post by comanchemty »

I would love to own a SRT 8 .

there was a company in delaware that made a power dyne setup . it was called " accurate power " he said that they would not sell. So he sand casted his own intake and started producing an twin screw eaton set up. I drove this proto type ,it had a feeling of complete stock until.about 2800 rpm . It really woke up after that. The intake was great looking .
comanchemty
Where's the "any" key?
Where's the "any" key?

Post by comanchemty »

Oops I thought my previous post didn't go through. I'm still learning how to work this site.
I wish I found this site sooner. You guys really know your stuff.
turbostroker
Making Progress
Making Progress

Post by turbostroker »

amcinstaller wrote:i can see why you need some bigger lines turbostroker. at about 3 times what a n/a stroker needs, its really obvious!! :shock: what about with dino fuel? would the stock lines be big enough for your setup?
With gasolin I think the ordinary fuelline works, I have it now but gona change soon because of loosing pressure at low gear with quick rampup rpm.
At higher gears the fuel pump hold the pressure because of slower rampup rpm.
Bo Wernersson
Plechtan
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 5.0L 4x4
Vehicle Year: 1988
Vehicle Model: Comanche

Post by Plechtan »

Actually Hesco can supply you with a supercharger setup complete, plan to spend some$$

To change subjects a little, I plan on running a turbo on the Bonneviile truck but the budget is exhausted. I was thinking about using a turbo from a 06 Dodge ram because they are cheap. it is a Holset HE351CW. The engine is 5.0L and i plan to redline between 6500 and 7000 rpm. I would like to run about 20 lbs of boost. Since i have no experience with turbos, can sombody tell me if this turbo would be a good fit for my application. If you need more infor let me know.
Peter Lechtanski
The worlds Fastest Comanche Prroject
amcinstaller

Post by amcinstaller »

what is your compression ratio, and what are the crank rods and pistons made of?