Nitrous Oxide Systems

Performance mods and Advanced Stroker discussion.
GoMopar440
Donator
Donator
Vehicle Year: 1997
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: Nitrous Oxide Systems

Post by GoMopar440 »

100hp doesn't sound out of the question for the engine if built properly. What's the rest of the drivetrain like?
Antifreeze2
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 280 ci
Vehicle Model: Wrangler

Post by Antifreeze2 »

When I ran it through desktop dyno, 100 shot would push 300 extra lb/ft. That's what worries me when it comes to breaking the drivetrain.
GoMopar440
Donator
Donator
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by GoMopar440 »

That's why I asked. I know the engine should be fine if built for the NOS shot. I'd be worried about the clutch, trans, Tcase and especially the axles.

Sounds like an 8.8 swap built with alloy axles would be a wise investment to start with. What do you have for a trans?
way2evil
Noob
Noob
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle Model: Wrangler

Post by way2evil »

i just have clutch. the rest of the drive tran is stock.
BADASYJ
I made it to triple digits!
Stroker Displacement: 4.7

Post by BADASYJ »

I'm thinking of going with a hundred shot myself. Looking at the NX proton plus setup. Where does the extra fuel come from and would I need another fuel pump?
atias
Making Progress
Making Progress

Post by atias »

if you want to be really on the safe side put another little fuel cell with a stand alone pump and regulator and fill it up with c16 or another high octan race gas just for the nitrous when it kicks in. to minimize the chance of detonation if something in the tune goes haywire
gonridnu
Movin on up ^
Movin on up ^
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 1989
Vehicle Model: XJ 2 door

Post by gonridnu »

I spray my 540" motor with a 400 shot ... makes over 1100 hp. I'm not sure I get drag racing these things but if you are going to run nitrous get a management box that stutters the solenoids in rather than spraying all at once. It'll save parts. If you don't get a box, you'll at the very least need a timing retard ignition box. I think once you take it to the track you'll be disappointed in ET's no matter how much you spray it.
atias
Making Progress
Making Progress

Post by atias »

gonridnu wrote:I spray my 540" motor with a 400 shot ... makes over 1100 hp. I'm not sure I get drag racing these things but if you are going to run nitrous get a management box that stutters the solenoids in rather than spraying all at once. It'll save parts. If you don't get a box, you'll at the very least need a timing retard ignition box. I think once you take it to the track you'll be disappointed in ET's no matter how much you spray it.

wow :worship: can you upload for us some videos of that thing, i would love to see it in action , sounds like a beast .
:cheers:
gonridnu
Movin on up ^
Movin on up ^
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 1989
Vehicle Model: XJ 2 door

Post by gonridnu »

Here are some pics ... the only video I have of the Dyno session is the break in and then my camera battery died. http://youtu.be/YXMLJv_p9jo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
atias
Making Progress
Making Progress

Post by atias »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :rockout: :rockout: :rockout: :rockout: :rockout:

:cheers:
BADASYJ

Post by BADASYJ »

The track I race on is made of mud and about 200' long. I'm lacking just a little power to hold third gear, hoping this will give me the lil extra I'm looking for. Maybe eventually I'll go with the direct port injection but for now its gonna be a spacer sprayer.
Man thats some nice looking Mopar muscle. I like the B-1 intake, is that thing a Low Deck motor?
aguiar_racer
Noob
Noob
Vehicle Year: 1988
Vehicle Make: jeep
Vehicle Model: comanche

Post by aguiar_racer »

i have a question im running a 150 shot on my Comanche race uphill in the sand nd it backfires a lot like 3/4 up the whole on the last gear any ideas when it did tht i messed up head gasket nd two pistons melted a bit nd 2 plugs were gone to! need help! 1st 2nd nd 3rd gear goes hard with no problem but once i shifted to 4th was when backfired/popped
SIXPAK
Consistent
Consistent
Stroker Displacement: 280

Post by SIXPAK »

Improve your octane in your enrichment fuel and reduce timing, likely your over timed when on the bottle OR your base timing on the motor is too much on the motor. Incresed load on motor will enhance any poor tune and more likely to damage motor parts
Nitrous4.0zj
Stroker Displacement: 4.0
Vehicle Year: 1996
Vehicle Model: Grand cher

Post by Nitrous4.0zj »

I have bone stock 4.0 and bone stock drivetrain and powertrain. Only things is cone filter and header and i spray 150 wet shot. It's my daily and i take it to the dragstrip every week. Nitrous has been hooked up and used for over a year and have had no issues out of the jeep whatsoever. The only advice i have for you is do poly control arm bushings and make sure you get a wet shot. Can't tune the 4.0 computer so you want to spray fuel with the nitrous to compensate. You can do 100 wet shot no problem at all. I also race mine in 4wd full time and i launch with nitrous so the drivetrain can definitely handle it.