Nitrous Oxide Systems

Performance mods and Advanced Stroker discussion.
scalper
Making Progress
Making Progress
Stroker Displacement: 4.7l
Vehicle Year: 1996
Vehicle Make: jeep
Vehicle Model: cherokee

Re: Nitrous Oxide Systems

Post by scalper »

hope you get it together soon. havent met too many people into modifying xjs for drag racing . there is a me ,my brother,and a friend here in santa fe texas just south of houston who are.the tourque of a 4.0 or even better 4.7 ,a shot of spray,and hard hooking jeep aint nothing like it can make a lot of higher hp competition look bad on the street, especially these f bodys with 18"wheels and nitto 555 drag radials ,love when they go up in smoke on launch when a 6 cly cherokee out hooks them and know to do is lay in the power and make matters worse.
4.whoa
Movin on up ^
Movin on up ^
Vehicle Model: xj&mj

Post by 4.whoa »

Makes for a good sleeper.................. until you put a scoop through the hood :D
-Russ

4wd is fun, but 2wd is a BLAST
JPIN4LYF
Stroker Displacement: 4.9
Vehicle Year: 2000
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by JPIN4LYF »

read this whole thread and I wanna ask this; I have a 4.9 stroker and I want to run a 75 wet shot. I've been told by several folks that is should be fine. Sure hope so. What kit would you reccommend? I've heard that they now make a throttle plate for the jeep platform.
scalper
Making Progress
Making Progress

Post by scalper »

your 4.9 will take a 75 shot just fine.nitrous express offers a nice Jeep specific nitrous kit part#20920-10 and summits has it under nex-2092-10 per Dinos website.I am using a universal nitrous works wet kit with the nozzle tapped into a throttle body phenolic spacer.i have been using this setup since 03 with no problems.i have also used a nos plunger style dry kit on a old 300,000 mile renix xj with no problems. i also have a nitrous in a bag compucar kit in my 96 jetted at a 50 and using it like a dual stage with my 100 wet or by itself.i like this kit for its slealty,simple to install,seems to consume less nitrous than a wet kit jetted at a 50,can swap between my vehicles in 2 mins
unlimitedrubicon
I made it to triple digits!
I made it to triple digits!
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle Model: Wrangler

Post by unlimitedrubicon »

I do not see how that is a Jeep specific part. The NX website even states it is for GM EFI systems. Personally I would go with NoS for a universal kit, but they are who I am more familiar with.
JPIN4LYF

Post by JPIN4LYF »

unlimitedrubicon wrote:I do not see how that is a Jeep specific part. The NX website even states it is for GM EFI systems. Personally I would go with NoS for a universal kit, but they are who I am more familiar with.
Scalper just mis typed the spec # is all. it's 20921-10. I called and talked to Randall for about 30 min and he gave a ton of information and I am most likely going to go with that system within the next week.

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/product-d ... php?id=900
scalper
Making Progress
Making Progress

Post by scalper »

i think your right the nx kit is not jeep specific . i was looking at a pic on dinos site with the kit with what appeared to be a plate with either a nozzle or a spray bar.after looking at the kit on summits site it nothing more than a universal nozzle wet kit wich is still good,my bad.
JPIN4LYF

Post by JPIN4LYF »

scalper wrote:i think your right the nx kit is not jeep specific . i was looking at a pic on dinos site with the kit with what appeared to be a plate with either a nozzle or a spray bar.after looking at the kit on summits site it nothing more than a universal nozzle wet kit wich is still good,my bad.
Is there more of a jeep speciffic kit that you know about?

What is dinos? I googled it, and couldn't figure it out...
4.whoa
Movin on up ^
Movin on up ^

Post by 4.whoa »

Most of the smaller kits for efi are one nozzel that mounts ahead of the TB in the air tube. A. Few years back I talked to nitrous express I believe it was, and they said if I sent the TB & manifold they could make a "plate" but it would be almost a month to do.
-Russ

scalper
Making Progress
Making Progress

Post by scalper »

maybe thats the nx setup i seen the pic on dinos site. it shows a plate under the tb. the pic is und the forced induction section on dinos site.
4.whoa
Movin on up ^
Movin on up ^

Post by 4.whoa »

Just looked at Dino's site.that's how hesco does it, it's a TB spacer with the nozzel tapped in. I was toying with the idea of using a 5.0 TB like Dino is and using the tb plate they make for that,but life got in the way. :( ............................... for the time being ;)
-Russ

way2evil
Noob
Noob
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle Model: Wrangler

Post by way2evil »

I recently added a NX 100 shots to my 4.7 stroker and the gains are awesome. :cheers:
scalper
Making Progress
Making Progress

Post by scalper »

the tourque of a 4.7 plus 100 shot is awesome.i love it.
flexin91xj
Donator
Donator
Vehicle Year: 1991
Vehicle Model: XJ

Post by flexin91xj »

Im building a 4.7 and want to add a power adder of some sort. Been kinda affraid of telling folks I wanna use nitrous in my XJ but this seems to be the place. I know its a Jeep but Iove my XJ and want MORE power without effecting its reliability. Thinking about forged pistons and a wet 100 shot from zex. I woulnt use it on the trail so much but for having some fun on the streets and highways from time to time.
A Hummer is just a Hummer, but a Jeep goes all the way.
scalper
Making Progress
Making Progress

Post by scalper »

do it lol.you will wish you would have done it sooner.