New Stroker stalling when braking

Performance mods and Advanced Stroker discussion.
dill30705
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 1992
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Comanche

New Stroker stalling when braking

Post by dill30705 »

Just built a 4.6 stroker with all forged internals arp bolts etc ls1 valves in the head etc etc . I also have an Eaton m90 supercharger from boosted technologies installed with a piggyback split second controller for timing and fuel during boost. (The was on before the stroker and I had zero issues. Also had the factory throttle body at that time).

I’m having issues with the thing stalling during braking now. It idles fine and will crank right back up after stalling. I did clean my IAC valve at the same time I installed a BBK new bored throttle body. Everything was fine before this so I’m wondering if cleaning the IAC valve might have messed it up somehow.

I have noticed it kinda “hunts” for the correct idle speed before stalling out during braking. About 50% of the time it dies; other times it’s able to recover, or I’m back in the throttle before it gets a chance to die.

FYI jeep is a 1992 comanche with odb1 computer.

Thanks for any help I can get I’m all ears as to a cause. So far I have about 45 minutes driving time and 30 minute break on the new motor.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ZjStroker47
Stroker Displacement: 4.7
Vehicle Year: 1998
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Zj

Re: New Stroker stalling when braking

Post by ZjStroker47 »

Sure sounds like a bad IAC. I recommend Standard Motor Products if Mopar is out of price range. when you talk to the people there they're very knowledgeable about how picky the Jeep/Chrysler/Dodge fam is and I've had no issues with their parts on my jeep. A map sensor and a IAC will cause these issues. As will a bad ECM. my ECM started causing issues that started with very rare stall coming to a stop or just as I began to accelerate.maybe try zip tying the ecm wire connections (see pics). It's a quick easy way to know.

Does it ever hiccup or stumble at cruising speeds?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.