Headlight conversion

Dedicated forum for all things electrical... Sometimes Electrical issues can really get you stumped! Not Stroker related.
rammit11
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 1998
Vehicle Make: jeep
Vehicle Model: cherokee

Headlight conversion

Post by rammit11 »

I am looking for info on the h4 conversion headlights for my 1998 jeep cherokee sport. I have looked at a few and was looking to see if anyone has done this and if so which ones they used and how they perform.
jeepman
Making Progress
Making Progress
Stroker Displacement: 4.7
Vehicle Year: 1989
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: MJ

Re: Headlight conversion

Post by jeepman »

I have used a few different ones and my Favorite was the IPF glass H4 Lenses...

Just think about what your going to use them for, meaning if your staying with an H4 lamp then anything is fine but if you are going to go HID or plan on it in the future make sure you have ones that are glass as the plastic ones will discolour after a few years with the heat of the HID's as I went through 2 sets before I switched to LED lenses...
GreenYJ
Making Progress
Making Progress
Vehicle Year: 1994
Vehicle Model: Wrangler

Post by GreenYJ »

I did Hella H4 conversion on my yj several years ago. SOOOO much better pattern from the headlights than sealed beams.
1994 Sahara YJ
DaemonForce
Making Progress
Making Progress
Stroker Displacement: 4.7L Super
Vehicle Year: 1983
Vehicle Make: American
Vehicle Model: Eagle

Post by DaemonForce »

I'm currently weeding through my OE harness restoring it for duty and trying to figure out the cause of my voltage drops. I have +12v from a dedicated connection coming into the firewall, going into the fusebox, to the headlamp switch, out the firewall and straight delivery to the headlamps with low/hi grounds from the firewall sourced directly from the steering column switch. It looks like foglamps get their power from the low circuit. I might change that over to parking lamps just so I can make things brighter. I switched my low/hi combination lamps to LED but I'm still using factory brights and OE foggers. I've looked to J.W. Speaker for replacement units but I can't justify the price. Is it time to add a light bar? :|
   ,__,_____,__,       ~A-M-C YA!
//___}/,_ll,_\__\,_____
,l_/¯\_l__ll__l__/¯\(¤≡¤)
   (o))o))        (o))o))
SkylinesSuck
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Model: Wrangler

Post by SkylinesSuck »

Not for street use, but if you off-road only, sure.
rammit11
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Make: jeep
Vehicle Model: cherokee

Post by rammit11 »

Thanks for the recommendations and info guys. I have recently been in contact with Susqehanna Motorsports in Pa and he has given me much more info and also suggested what would be the best setup for me. I am going to go with either the Hella vision plus or e-code bulbs (just have to check if the e-codes will give me any issues getting thru inspection) and a standard wattage h4 bulb.