92 xj harness into a 4.6 stroked buggy

Dedicated forum for all things electrical... Sometimes Electrical issues can really get you stumped! Not Stroker related.
goincommando
Noob
Noob
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 1969
Vehicle Make: jeep
Vehicle Model: commando

92 xj harness into a 4.6 stroked buggy

Post by goincommando »

Ok so a friend of mine let me get the engine harness out of his 92 cherokee I already thinned down all the stupid stuff like the ac condenser and washer bottle and wiper motor etc etc I want to know if the oil pressure sending unit or altenator or coil tenpertaure snesor has anything to do with the ecu as far as feedback or running. Trying to get the harness down to just the neccasary sensors...I will be running odometer gauges I place of oil semding unit and temperature coolent sensor...the motor was carb. it is a 4.6 stroker motor I'm trying to go with fuel injection the altenator on the motor right now is a chevy 2wire altenator I'd like to keep it that way if I can. I have the harness cut down to 6 wires in the bulkhead. Can anyone help
vashxj
I made it to triple digits!
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 1999
Vehicle Model: cherokee

Re: 92 xj harness into a 4.6 stroked buggy

Post by vashxj »

I know you don't need the alternator for the pcm and you should be able to get away with no oil signal either there is nothing that tells the engine to shut down with no oil pressure. trust me I have seen many guys at the dealership forget to put oil in after the oil change and start the trans flush they sold, it usually starts making scraping noises but doesn't shut off :smack:
goincommando
Noob
Noob

Post by goincommando »

Ok thanks for the reply... I still need to figure out the rest of the wires out of the bulkhead. I shouldn't need anything thing from the bulkhead because everything in the buggy is switched fuel pump, fans, ign, push button start, lights. I found the solid red wire out of the fuse box under the hood I have that labeled for ign. Hot but what wire gives the Ecu power?
vashxj
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 1999
Vehicle Model: cherokee

Post by vashxj »

well im guessing you are using a 92 pcm also, you will have to find wire diagrams for a 92 xj and find the connector pin outs. you can try Haynes manuals
goincommando
Noob
Noob

Post by goincommando »

Well just got of the phone with a freind he said 92 ecu is equipped with anti thief??? So since I cut the harness from the xj body the thief system was inside the the Xj not under the hood.. but now that's got me stuck. If I can't get the computer reflash I might have to move on to a wrangler harness