Head questions and transmission swaps

For all non stroker / performance related problems and discussion.
Rootbass

Head questions and transmission swaps

Post by Rootbass »

Guys:

I have a 1994 grand Cherokee that we just ran in the TN Gambler 500. www.gambler500.com If you have not heard of it you have to run a $500 hunk of crap off road and hit a bunch of check points. Ton of fun! Well we cut our crap box zero slack and now the transmission is slipping like crazy. It is a full time 4wd 1994 ZJ. Should we:

Swap a select track transmission and T-case from a 1998 with a bad head into the 1994?
Swap my head onto the 1998 with the bad head?

What is easiest and cheapest? Or is this even compatible?

Pic of the hunk of crap at the water fall!!!!
2019 Gambler 500 G- Wagon.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Russ Pottenger
Strong Poster
Strong Poster
Stroker Displacement: 4.7
Vehicle Year: 2000
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: Head questions and transmission swaps

Post by Russ Pottenger »

Can’t be of any help to your question, but looks like you’re having more fun that you should be allowed to have.

:D
whaleinafishbowl
Vehicle Year: 1996
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: ZJ

Re: Head questions and transmission swaps

Post by whaleinafishbowl »

Glad to find another gambler on here! I ran support for my friends team the the Colorado Gambler with my $500 ZJ back in June and we had a blast. Already thinking about next years race. I wanted to pick up another ZJ to run, but I think we are now going to use my girlfriends old hail damaged Pontiac vibe since she is getting another car in a few weeks. its going to be fun to see how much air we can get in that @#$*box.

I was really surprised to see only one other ZJ out there. It seems like the perfect gambler car since they are plentiful and can be found for $500 all day.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
OME HD Coils / 3/4" Spacers
Bilstein 5100s
IRO Adj. control Arms / Track Bars
Addco Sway Bars Front and Rear / JKS Quick Disconnects
2x6 Tube Rock Sliders / IRO Frame Stiffeners
Ford 8.8 / HPD30 4.56 Gears
'18 JK Rubicon Recons / 32" BFG M/T KMs