A999 transmission mount bolts

For all non stroker / performance related problems and discussion.
optmaxx
Consistent
Consistent
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 1990
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Wrangler

A999 transmission mount bolts

Post by optmaxx »

After changing the shift shaft selector seal, I noticed that the bolts that are supposed to attach the transmission mount to the transmission's body are missing. I guess it's a common thing for those bolts to loosen on their own according to some research I did online, but now I need to know what size bolts those are supposed to be? I've looked online and couldn't find anything so far, so I'm wondering what size bolts I need. I have a 1990 YJ with an A999 transmission.
optmaxx
Consistent
Consistent

Re: A999 transmission mount bolts

Post by optmaxx »

7/16-14x1 is the bolt size that attaches the mount to the transmission's body. Got the driver side to tighten up good without having to drop the skid plate, but I think I'll have to drop it for the passenger side.
optmaxx
Consistent
Consistent

Post by optmaxx »

I got the passenger side bolted up now, but it was a b**ch and a half to get it in even with the skid plate down. What kept getting in the way was the part of the mount that's for the exhaust, but with some cussing I was able to get the bolt in. I hope that there's a redesign of the transmission mount for my Jeep out there cause those two top bolts are not easy to get to.
optmaxx
Consistent
Consistent

Post by optmaxx »

With my transmission bolted up correctly, I've been able to gauge how to adjust the TV cable better cause before the shifts would feel too hard if I adjusted it tighter causing me to adjust it till the shifts were softer, but my second gear never felt right. It was there, it just wasn't there long enough IMO. So now I'm able to adjust it tighter, and still have smoother shifting and my second gear feels more natural, and it last as long as I think 2nd gear should last compared to other cars I've driven.

I don't know if it's an issue cause I feel like my tf999 is working better, and my stroker feels like a whole different beast now, but my only issue is that 1st gear seems to have a longer hang time with light throttle. For example, If I'm driving in a parking lot and going 10-15 mph with light throttle, 1st gear seems to hang in there a bit longer, but it seems to shift normally with regular street driving throttle, and I'm not talking about lead foot throttle either but more like medium go about your day throttle. I guess it makes sense to have the 1st gear to hang in longer with light throttle if it was designed with rock crawling in mind, but I'm not sure if the tf999 was designed that way.

So I just wondering if the YJ's tf999 is supposed to have a longer 1st gear in light throttle only? With normal driving throttle it shifts fine, and I'm liking how the passing gears perform and act now. Also, my tv cable is the one with the white locking clip design, and not the ratcheting button design which I wished I had, so I have to drive and adjust until I think it feels right.