Shift selector seal verification

For all non stroker / performance related problems and discussion.
optmaxx
Consistent
Consistent
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 1990
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Wrangler

Shift selector seal verification

Post by optmaxx »

I have a trans leak, and I'm pretty certain it's coming from the shift selector seal located where the Neutral safety switch is on my tf999. The problem is that in some video tutorials, people call it the input shaft selector seal, but when I go to look for it at Rock Auto or anywhere else, it doesn't give me any parts with that name. The closest matches I found were using the names Shift Selector Seal, Shift Shaft Seal, Control Shaft Seal or Auto Trans Manual Shaft Seal but I'm not sure which is the correct name for that part. I did find the part ATP TO-15 using the Shaft Selector Seal name, but can someone verify the part number and name for the seal I'm looking for? My Jeep is a 1990 YJ 4.6 with a TF999 auto, thanks.
optmaxx
Consistent
Consistent

Re: Shift selector seal verification

Post by optmaxx »

I found this video, and he uses the name Selector Shaft Seal so I'll probably go by that? Anyways, this is the part I want to change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWBZlJeI-X0
optmaxx
Consistent
Consistent

Re: Shift selector seal verification

Post by optmaxx »

Well I believe I found the correct part, and it's called the shift shaft seal. I still couldn't find it with that name at places like Auto Zone, but I found the part number while looking around and it's 8609. I was able to find it at Auto Zone with that pn.