HO Renix Swap Power Steering Bracket

For all non stroker / performance related problems and discussion.
Dip Stick
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 1989
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: XJ Limited

HO Renix Swap Power Steering Bracket

Post by Dip Stick »

NOOB here, first post, I have been lurking and studying for several months and have absorbed a wealth of information from this site. Typically my question could be easily answered but my Jeep is in U.P. Michigan and I reside in Florida :o I own an 89 Renix Jeep Limited 2 door.

I am currently near the end of a stroker build and face a simple dilemma with a lot of conflicting information on the web :brickwall: I'm using the HO intake and fuel rail from a 92 and need to know if the power steering brackets can be used from the renix motor or if I will have to get new ones, if so which brackets will be needed. I have tried the JY but none will let me in the back to look at the vehicles. This simple question has occupied many hours of my time but I am going to no mans land to do this swap in U.P. Michigan, I have to have everything on hand and be fully prepped. Any input would be highly appreciated, Thanks!!!
Dip Stick
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 1989
Vehicle Model: XJ Limited

Re: HO Renix Swap Power Steering Bracket

Post by Dip Stick »

Follow up for future searches, The large aluminum bracket that attaches to the water pump , power steering and intake don't match and would need to be swapped, the 2 standoffs that butt up to the intake do line up but are too long on the bracket. An alternative to swapping and what I did was carefully grind the bracket and trim the standoffs down that connect to the intake, place the 2 bolts in the water pump to get an idea how much to grind and keep grinding the standoffs until it is flush, check your work frequently matching it back up with the intake so you don't grind too much off, worked perfect. :banana:
Muad'Dib
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner
Stroker Displacement: 4.7L
Vehicle Year: 1990
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: HO Renix Swap Power Steering Bracket

Post by Muad'Dib »

When I did mine, I just bought a power steering pump that included the brackets. It bolted right on. Might be a little simpler for someone that doesn't feel comfortable with "fabbing".
If it feels right, then STROKE it!
You're lucky that hundred shot of CAPS LOCK didn't blow the welds on the forum!!