Edelbrock cylinder head and Jeep Supercharger

For all non stroker / performance related problems and discussion.
hatem61
Where's the "any" key?
Where's the "any" key?

Edelbrock cylinder head and Jeep Supercharger

Post by hatem61 »

Good morning gentlemen,

Regardless of the benefits we all know about an aluminium head vs cast iron head, and naturally aspiration vs boost...

Anyone actually used the Edelbrock aluminium cylinder head and has a feedback to share...

Also anyone used the Jeep Supercharger kit from Boosted Technologies or other vendors and has a feedback to share...

Appreciate your help..
boatmechanic1995
Vehicle Year: 1999
Vehicle Make: jeep
Vehicle Model: xj

Re: Edelbrock cylinder head and Jeep Supercharger

Post by boatmechanic1995 »

I have the sidemount kit from boosted tech on my 1999 xj. Engine has 190kmiles on it. Stock 3.55 gears locked front and rear with 33 inch super swamper bogger tires. Really added the power to the engine, fairly easy install and great phone support. Highly recommend.
hatem61
Where's the "any" key?
Where's the "any" key?

Post by hatem61 »

Thank you for the response :cheers:
wldc10
Vehicle Year: 2001
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: XJ

Post by wldc10 »

boatmechanic1995 wrote:I have the sidemount kit from boosted tech on my 1999 xj. Engine has 190kmiles on it. Stock 3.55 gears locked front and rear with 33 inch super swamper bogger tires. Really added the power to the engine, fairly easy install and great phone support. Highly recommend.
How long did it take to receive the supercharger from them? I have one on order.
boatmechanic1995
Vehicle Make: jeep
Vehicle Model: xj

Post by boatmechanic1995 »

Took me about 4 weeks. they had just depleted stock and was building more to orders. Mine also was being made while easter jeep safari was going on which delayed it a little.
hatem61
Where's the "any" key?
Where's the "any" key?

Post by hatem61 »

and feedback about the cylinder head?
again, knowing the benefits of aluminium cylinder heads, anyone installed the Edelbrock aluminium head and felt a substantial improvement?
6sense
Noob
Noob
Stroker Displacement: 4.0
Vehicle Model: Grand cher

Post by 6sense »

I have a side mount supercharger on my wj from boost tec I really like it.The kit is really plug and play.
BcurpKodiak
Making Progress
Making Progress
Vehicle Year: 1997
Vehicle Model: XJ

Post by BcurpKodiak »

I have the edelbrock head. It's been worked over by Russ Pottenger though. Ported with bigger LS1 valves installed.

I suspect my stroker makes more power than a stock 4.0L with a blower on it. I had to debate between the same superchargers you're talking about and a stroker build. I wanted a fresh engine to start with so I decided to build a high hp stroker.

Also, as far as some of the other aspects of that head regardless of it being ported, I have had no fitment issues. Valve covers, t-stat housing, intake and exhaust manifolds, everything fits and functions as it should. I also run over 11:1 static compression on 94 octane gas.
6sense
Noob
Noob
Stroker Displacement: 4.0
Vehicle Model: Grand cher

Post by 6sense »

My setup is stock 4.0 block PML deep transmission pan Clearwater big valve head with arp head studs fixed Harland shap roller rockers boosted technology side mount supercharger running 7psi split second 7th injector 62mm throttle body 4.88 gears tru trac front and rear addco rear sway bar jks drop bar 4 inch iro short arm lift kit 33 inch genarel grabber AT tires. I’ve done a lot mods.i raced a xj with 4.7 strocker and I won by a pretty big margin.Imo on pump gas a good running 4.0 with well setup supercharger would beat a pump gas 4.7 strocker every time
Russ Pottenger
Strong Poster
Strong Poster
Stroker Displacement: 4.7
Vehicle Year: 2000
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by Russ Pottenger »

My experience with working with the guys over at Boosted technologies has been nothing but positive.

The only other contribtion I can add to this thread is I’ve recently come up with a spec’ed piston for the Edelbrock cylinder head. It will maximse the benefits of the efficiently designed combustion chamber of the Edelbrock aluminum head.

Thanks,
Russ Pottenger
Bishop-Buehl Racing Engines
531 N. Lyall Avenue
West Covina, California 91790
Work (626) 967-1000
Cell (626) 673-2203
Email/PayPal: [email protected]