1999-2006 double roller timing chain sets???

For all non stroker / performance related problems and discussion.
dwg86
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 2003
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Wrangler

1999-2006 double roller timing chain sets???

Post by dwg86 »

I sent Cloyes an email about manufacturing a double roller timing chain set for the later model 4.0 engine. Anyone else want to send an email? If we could get these made, the later model 4.0 wouldn't need to be converted to the earlier style cam and timing chain set to run a performance cam. I think it's Jones cams or Bullet cams (help me out here Silverxj) that has the newer style cam blanks for custom performance cams.

This has worked to get KB stroker pistons made, and soon to follow was Scat making new cranks.
Russ Pottenger
Strong Poster
Strong Poster
Stroker Displacement: 4.7
Vehicle Year: 2000
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: 1999-2006 double roller timing chain sets???

Post by Russ Pottenger »

You're correct that it never hurts to put pressure on the manufacture for new product. If they see they get enough demand they might be willing to take the risk.

A while back I approached Eagle to see if they had any interest to re-introduce their connecting rod.
The demand didn't meet their expectations on the last run, so at this point you're not interested unless somebody is willing to pony up for 50 sets.
I then approached Scat in which I already had a relationship with, so now their manufacturing a proprietary connecting rod for me to sell through my company Bishop-Buehl Racing Engines.

It's my understanding Jones will make a late model cam with wide lobes, and possibly Billit cams.

Comp will also, but with the narrow lobe.

With all that said I think the biggest drawback is there's not going to be very many people willing to pay the premium of a Jones cam and price escalated double roller Cloyes roller when arguably a cheaper and better option would be a nitrided Comp cam and billet gear Rollmaster.
nicpaige
Consistent
Consistent
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 2000
Vehicle Make: XJ
Vehicle Model: Sport

Re: 1999-2006 double roller timing chain sets???

Post by nicpaige »

Jones will make a custom cam on the wider lobe core for 1999 and up.