A different kind of calculator....

For all non stroker / performance related problems and discussion.
Mgardiner1
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 284 CI

A different kind of calculator....

Post by Mgardiner1 »

I didn't have much to do tonight so i put this macro enabled excel spread sheet together. Basically there are hundreds of these on the web LOL but it was fun to make anyway...

Change the fields for rear ratio, redline RPM (or whatever you are interested in, maybe normal shifting for daily driving), and tire size. Then just click on the approppriate transmission button, and it should give you the correct ratio's and MPH for the given speeds. Download at bottom of post. When you open the file, it will probably warn you against using macro's and activex controls. Please keep in mind that this is offered as a friendly tool, and i am up to date on virus protection. Thank you.

AND PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK!!!!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
oletshot wrote:....and silvolites are only cast not hypericantspellits. :-)
yuppiexj
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.5 needs assembly

Re: A different kind of calculator....

Post by yuppiexj »

I have something (not as nice as yours).

I put in the landing rpm for upshifts (3000 rpms after a 1-2 shift at 5500)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TurboTom wrote:i will eat my words later if need be.
TurboTom wrote: Not sure of your rules...but you need to start with an engine that works best for the rules and cheat from there!
Proud owner of many stroker parts, that have not yet spontaneously assembled themselves.
Mgardiner1
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 284 CI

Post by Mgardiner1 »

Interesting..... I feel inspired to make some changes to mine..... Calc V1.1 in production! :-)

Still would love some feedback on the first one! Thanks for including your calculator as well! Maybe we should make this a thread of everybody's calculators!!! :-)
oletshot wrote:....and silvolites are only cast not hypericantspellits. :-)
seanyb505
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 280ci
Vehicle Year: 1997
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by seanyb505 »

I was pretty proud of mine. I like the graph on yuppiexj's, and the ability to choose different transmission ratios on mikeys. I made mine so you can compare up to three tire sizes and two different final drive ratios at the same time. You can either enter speed to determine rpms in a gear, or rpms to determine speed. I put all my calcs on one excel file, I do not take credit for the stroker calc. It is the old one from madxj.
Now I can be like all those other awesome people with more than one Jeep in their sig, but now I have to say one of them is sold:(
97 XJ 4.6
90 MJ 4.0 - sold

I want to have as many Jeeps as children. DD, offroader, drag MJ and another one. 4=4