Revised some fuses and wiring

For all non stroker / performance related problems and discussion.
SilverXJ
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 2000
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Revised some fuses and wiring

Post by SilverXJ »

I've had multiple inline fuses for my lights for a while along with a crappy plastic housing for the power to the rear for a while. One of the inline fuses was starting to short so I figured it was time for some changes.

What was removed:

I went with a Blue Sea 6 terminal fuse box (PN 5028), 30A max per per fuse and 100A/block. As well as two Littlefuse Mega fuse boxes (PN 02981001ZXT). One mega for the 4 gauge cable to the rear and one for the fuse box. I could have probably skipped the one going to the fuse box since the 4 gauge cable was a short run. I went with a mega style fuse as it seems to be the easiest to get at part stores for high amps. The Blue Sea box is pretty nice. Has a latching cover with two spots for extra fuses and a small foot print. And its relatively cheap for what it is.

I originally planned on mounting the Blue Sea box on the cowl toward the left of the passenger hood hinge, but that would have put it directly under what looks like a drain. I could have made a shield for it, but I found a better place. Where the emissions leak detection pump filter use to be. The filter will be retained, just relocated and perhaps a different filter. It wasn't filtering well any how as dust was getting past it. The fuse box supplies power to the high high beam relay, low beam relay, fog relay and Lightforce relays (two, one to come on alone and one for them to come on with high beams).

I also installed some battery terminal boots as I have a stupid tendency to rest tools on top of the battery.