wide band sensor placement

For all non stroker / performance related problems and discussion.
rammit11
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 1998
Vehicle Make: jeep
Vehicle Model: cherokee

wide band sensor placement

Post by rammit11 »

Hi , getting to the last few things to do before starting my 4.6 for the first time. I was wondering where to install the sensor for the wideband in the head pipe. I have a '98 xj and was looking to put it on the engine side right before the large bubble like area in the pipe( is this a good area or would there be a better place?).
Muad'Dib
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner
Stroker Displacement: 4.7L
Vehicle Year: 1990
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: wide band sensor placement

Post by Muad'Dib »

It doesn't have to be put in a specific spot; meaning it doesn't need to be x inches away from y etc.

Just make sure you get it as close to the head as possible but still in the exhaust stream after all the exhaust streams meet.

Keep in mind, if you ever have to change out your exhaust manifold and you put it on there you will have to get a bung welded on again. I put mine in my front pipe right after the exhaust manifold bolts to it. No problems with mine.
If it feels right, then STROKE it!
You're lucky that hundred shot of CAPS LOCK didn't blow the welds on the forum!!
rammit11
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 1998
Vehicle Make: jeep
Vehicle Model: cherokee

Re: wide band sensor placement

Post by rammit11 »

Thanks Maud'Dib that is the general area I was thinking about I just have to go a little further down the pipe as the front o2 sensor is in that location already and keep everything in the clear from the front drive shaft.