Hardware specs/part number specs

For all non stroker / performance related problems and discussion.
Mgardiner1
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 284 CI

Hardware specs/part number specs

Post by Mgardiner1 »

Is there anyway to locate what type of bolt (diameter/pitch/length) by the OEM part #'s? A few other manufacturers usually list the bolt type or have a way of searching what the spec is by part number.

I see there are 3 or 4 different bolts that hold the timing cover on to the front of the engine, yet i don't remember which ones are which. I have a length that works, but didn't have enough, i looked in the parts book, and found a few different part #'s

5 of J400 6906
1 of 6034 914
and 6033 912 as required
oletshot wrote:....and silvolites are only cast not hypericantspellits. :-)
SilverXJ
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 2000
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: Hardware specs/part number specs

Post by SilverXJ »

It seems they do stuff like that with larger bolts only.

As for the timing cover hardware, at least on my 2000 there are a few specialized bolts that you can't get at the local hardware store.
Mgardiner1
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 284 CI

Post by Mgardiner1 »

Thanks for the reply. I have straightened out the hardware situation on the timing cover. I still have several other pieces of hardware i'd like to restore to their "factory" locations :-)

I hate just doing the "If its long enough (not too long) and the correct thread, it will work"

Some of the accessory brackets are what i'm refering to now. But its not a big deal, i've got it mostly figured out
oletshot wrote:....and silvolites are only cast not hypericantspellits. :-)
5-90
I made it to triple digits!
I made it to triple digits!

Post by 5-90 »

I've been slowly working on it. There is a chart on my site (http://www.geocities.com/JeepI6Power/screws.html) with everything I've gotten so far - so whenever you take anything to bits, please measure the screws and send me the info! I can add that to the chart as I go along, and if it's something specialty that I can find elsewhere, I'll plug that little factoid in as well (I know some of the studs will be dicey - like for the pax side of the timing cover - but some of them aren't strictly necessary - like some on the valve cover, oil sump, and the driver's side of the cylinder head.)

I'm working on a "one-stop shop" for tech info, but I need your help to make it all happen!
Kelley's Works in Progress - http://www.kelleyswip.com
KWiP Parts Exchange - http://www.kelleyswip.com/exchange.html

"I don't think any of us will ever forget Louie. Ever since the explosion, there's been a little piece of him on all of us..."