Some fun projects i have been working on.

For all non stroker / performance related problems and discussion.
SilverXJ
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 2000
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: Some fun projects i have been working on.

Post by SilverXJ »

I used a T and tapped it into the hot line to my transmission cooler. I used a two pron sender unit since the transmission line wasn't grounded very well.
robswampthing
Noob
Noob
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Make: jeep
Vehicle Model: cherokee

Post by robswampthing »

1) super clean work, and thank you for the ideas Silverxj
2) are you interested in making another bezel and selling it? ive got a 2000 so they should be exactly the same. just let me know :D
Justshell

Post by Justshell »

Great work man- very very cool. I've been looking into a similar use for the Arduino- you did the programming yourself? Care to elaborate on the sensors or any direction for more help on this?
Grreat work tho- really impressive!
Thanks in advance-
JS
SilverXJ
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by SilverXJ »

robswampthing wrote:2) are you interested in making another bezel and selling it? ive got a 2000 so they should be exactly the same.
Doubtful. I tried to sell two different ones on ebay for cheap a while pack and got no takers. I don't think there is much of a market for them to make it profitable.
Justshell wrote:you did the programming yourself? Care to elaborate on the sensors or any direction for more help on this?
Yes, I did the programing myself as well as the temp to resistance curves. The Arduino only has 1024 data points, so the first thing you need to do is find the resistance range your sensor will be working in. Then decide on a voltage divide to give you the most useful amount of data points. Some sensors you can find the data for, some you have to come up with on your own. Its also best to check the values as well. The curves aren't linear so what i did was make a few different equations for the different ranges. A graphing calculator helps a lot here to find the equations. When I put the AIT sensor in I'm going to see how the natural log function works in Arduino. If it works that will be the best fit for the curve.
rainman
I think I'll order a "tab"
I think I'll order a "tab"
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 1995
Vehicle Model: XJ

Post by rainman »

I know it's a old thread but here goes:
Tranny temp sensor
http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/sho ... post940460

Also silver,
I had a similar oil sender cluster on one of my two door turbo cars, the weight of the sensor can and engine vibration conspired to fatigue the brass fittings, and it broke.
As I had all the sensors I knew straight away. But was stuck in the middle of nowhere.
Replaced with 5000psi steel fittings.
Just saying.

I like the custom mods.
Obd1 scanner.
'95 sport,4.6 stroker, 4.5" lift, 32"s, 4:10's, 8.25&SYE, taurus fan
Sydney Australia
SilverXJ
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by SilverXJ »

rainman wrote:I know it's a old thread but here goes:
Tranny temp sensor
http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/sho ... post940460

I tried hard to stay away from A-pillar mounted gauges. In the end I did succumb with the boost/vac/EGT gauge. But made my own mount as the Auto Meter gauge pod fit my 2000 like crap.
Image More pics here: http://www.jeepstrokers.com/forum/viewt ... =60#p36569

Really, I am running out of places to put gauges.
Also silver,
I had a similar oil sender cluster on one of my two door turbo cars, the weight of the sensor can and engine vibration conspired to fatigue the brass fittings, and it broke.
As I had all the sensors I knew straight away. But was stuck in the middle of nowhere.
Some where along the way I did replace the brass with steel. I still need to get around to programing the Arduino to alarm me to low oil pressure. I want it to alarm me to low oil pressure when after the engine has been started. It would have simple to change the code so that it gives off a sound when ever there is low oil pressure... but that would have been annoying in an engine off condition, key on condition... constant beep. I also didn't want to intercept the RPM signal. I'm going to implement code that will set a variable to 1 after the engine builds oil pressure on start. The code will look at that variable and if it is 1 and oil pressure is low then it will set an audible alarm.
crazygogo
Making Progress
Making Progress
Stroker Displacement: 242 + .30 over
Vehicle Year: 2002
Vehicle Make: jeep
Vehicle Model: wj

Post by crazygogo »

just a amazing fab. work you do and detail of the project..