Leaf Springs

For all non stroker / performance related problems and discussion.
aaronkeiser
Making Progress
Making Progress
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 1991
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Wrangler

Leaf Springs

Post by aaronkeiser »

I've been running the stock springs, shocks, bushings, and rear shackles on my 91 YJ since it was born and you can tell. Basically they have seen better days and need to be replaced. The fronts are flat because of the Inline 6 and winch and the rears have good arch but have a broken spring clamp. When I do this I want to do all rear HD OEM leafs all the way around, shocks, poly bushing, greasable shackles. I guess I could go to the jeep junkyard and pay for some old used rears and freshen them up, but sometimes those jeep only places price like the dealer. I have more time then money so good used leafs may be my way to go. The bushings, shackles, and shocks I'd like new. Can you guys point me in the right direction to pick up some of this stuff cheap. What do you think I should do?
John
I love JeepStrokers.com!!

Re: Leaf Springs

Post by John »

Call Donald at DC4WD. Tell him the West Virginia Currie guy sent you. I am not associated with his shop, he is a old associate and really does good pricing, Had one order messed up by the other end, long story how he straightened it out.
John
John

Post by John »

Another thought. A local spring shop can replace that broken clamp cheap if the rear springs are still good. They can also make new leaves, reasonably cheap, if you pull the springs and take them in. Do not use add a leaf's...........
John
Shark
Consistent
Consistent

Post by Shark »

you could do a bastard pack using leaves from another vehicle. dont know about CJs but this has been discussed ad nauseum(sp?) on NAXJA but same idea.
'91 MJ 4.0 ax15 Resto-mod street truck project, stroker candidate
'93 XJ 2door 4.0 aw4 np231 7" lift 33's
'95 XJ 4door 4.0 aw4 2" 31's
'95 XJ 4door 4.0 aw4 np231 4" lift 31's RIP
Flash

Post by Flash »

My bastard rear spring pack, consists of the longest leaf out of a ford Hi boy rear spring paks.........gained 4 inches (had 2in each side to being with but 7" is a bit much, for a stock drive shaft.....the joint would actually bind up :o ) and flexes vary nice.......even with the rear sway bar still attached............this may not be quite what your looking for, but a idea just the same!

Flash.
89 XJ with 300,000 on the original eng

"I've also never completed a motor, yet. My mouth (fingers) is also writing checks my ass can't cash."
Muad'Dib
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner
Stroker Displacement: 4.7L
Vehicle Year: 1990
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by Muad'Dib »

Belongs in tech .. moved
If it feels right, then STROKE it!
You're lucky that hundred shot of CAPS LOCK didn't blow the welds on the forum!!